pup advice?

peejay

ive a 9 month old ess pup. lives outside in her own kennel and run, plenty of room , but.. shes very greedy., when you feed her she goes at it like shes never seen food before, and has the habit of eating her own s..t. shes wormed, training wise shes quite good, retrieves, sits to whistle etc. ive tried pineaple in the food,as i was told this would stop this. any advice ?? thanks

some light mustard maybe bit unsure on the subject really i have a choc lab and she eats her food as you say yours does although she knows its her last meal by the time i turn around she has finished it but i havent ever had a problem with her eating **** quite frankly hmm bit confused on what to do maybe try the mustard see how she reacts to it i tried it on my jack russel to stop her chewing certain things and she loved the mustard and ate the whole thing so that back fired a bit lol well dats bout all i can help ya with their also with the ffod bit try to lenthen out her food so dnt give it all to her at once not only does it keep her keen but she should also be less hungry in the morning or when ever you feed her

cheers luke

i've heard the pineapple one before, but never tried it so not sure if it works.

i've also heard putting of a ball (not small enough to be swallowed) into her food bowl which will slow her down because she has to move the ball around to get the food. although im presuming this would probably be effective with dry food only.

i'd be interested to know if anyone does have any pearls of wisdom about the chit eating. my 4.5 year old moose, has started this disgusting habit. he's the only one of mine who does, and its a recent thing. his mother and sisters do as well. genetic maybe? learned? anyway, knowing how to stop it would be great.

Give her plenty of things to chew, toys and rawhide. That will keep her attention off the woodwork. Also spend as much time as possible with her and she will soon forget about chewing.

Merlin has never chewed anything he shouldn't have, and I am sure that this is down to him always having someone else to chew.