Hi there to all members of pigeon watch. I feel very proud to have shot my first pigeon today ( got 6 in the end). I only have a Baikal 12g sbs with hammers, it is choked full & full ( fixed ). It cost me £100 and I shoot clays with it regularly.........my best score ever was 44 ex 50 ESP.

Its a solid little gun, and I love the comments I get.........." That guns an antique" or " Don't forget to prime the pans"........ then they all shut up when I get 9 out of 10 on a stand.

I wish the same could be said for my efforts at pigeon shooting.........I am sure that more pigeons died of laughter than were shot today.

That said, I don't think I have ever enjoyed shooting as much as I did today..........up at 5am.........picked up at 6am.........plodding on to the farmers field by 6:40am..............Putting our decoys out ( 12 shells ) .................plonked ourselves down behind an old green wind break with some Jack Pyke camo net stretched round it...............Bagged my first ever pigeon by 7:30 am !!!!! Yippeeee !!

I know that we have lots to learn, so I thank you all in advance for all the help you will give me in the near future...............Pigeon shooting !! WHAT A BUZZ !!!

ps. not wasting them either......they are all breasted and will be en-route to my lower intestine by around 9pm tonight !!!