First Day of The Season at Powis Castle - Good Shooting for once

Duffryn

My first day of the season at Powis Castle. For once I was really pleased with my shooting. Rob did well again,no long retrieves for him this time though. I hope you enjoy

I've uploaded this one in full 1080 HD to see if it makes a differance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFaK4J2VuK0&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Duffryn

Very good vid that enjoyable watch fair play. HD is very much better the colours on those trees stood out great. Made me wish i had been there. Some very good shooting to may i had, looked a little frustrating with loads of birds about and only 2 shots, but ay thats shooting for you. Keep them coming mate.

DD

D,

With my Acer screen, I'm having difficulty - very bright, lacking a bit of definition and cant see the birds approaching unfortunately - any chance of the other type you used to post which suited the screen better -

as I'm missing out on my weekly fix.

Thanks for the entertainment !

You are obviously a fine shot. What I am not sure of is why you feel the need to send your dog out for dead birds whilst the drive in still on. Your concentration must waver and I am sure that on the second drive you took a bird from your dog whilst you had a loaded and unbroken gun.

You are obviously a fine shot. What I am not sure of is why you feel the need to send your dog out for dead birds whilst the drive in still on. Your concentration must waver and I am sure that on the second drive you took a bird from your dog whilst you had a loaded and unbroken gun.

Thanks. I can see when the drive is comming to and end and can also see when there is going to be a gap in the shooting. If there is a dead bird that I can pick without affecting the other guns then I go for it. Don't forget that the video is edited to cut out the long waits so whilst there may have just been some shooting there is normally and edit before the dog is sent. On the 2nd drive the bird was wounded and so I sent Rob in. He retrieved the bird which was dead by the time he delivered it to me feet.

D,

With my Acer screen, I'm having difficulty - very bright, lacking a bit of definition and cant see the birds approaching unfortunately - any chance of the other type you used to post which suited the screen better -

as I'm missing out on my weekly fix.

Thanks for the entertainment !

Thanks the last videos were on 720p so just select this on youtube and it should work the same as the others ( I think)

Just out of interest wot distance are not allowed to shoot IE how close reason I ask is there was a few close and you let them fly I don't shoot game can't afford it lol

It's up to the gun ( so long as it is safe - especially as beaters could well be in the woods behind) I will only tend to go for the shots were there is some doubt that I think I can hit - hence the sport.

It's a syndicate day so all the guns know each other and are fair with each other ( ie. not taking every shot to get thier bag up at the cost of the other guns). This was not a typical day for me normally I shoot below the gun average !

D,

Thanks again I found the 'quality' control and - I agree, the image is sharper.

I dont know who did better, you or Rob. Another one next week would be good !!!

Regards

Thanks I'd like to think that just for once I beat Rob. I'm sure I'll be back to missing again this Saturday though !.