TEST

tommy trucker

i think the rifle is spot on. its teamed up with leupold v11 3-9x50. i'm geting sub 1'' groups @ 100yds with sako 55grn soft points & the same with federal 55grn balistic tips.

the round that i used for the foxes was the federal b/t.

1st fox was spotted at aprox 200 yds but it was in a small gulley ( it kept on appearing and disappearing in the lamp) couldn't get a spot on shot so i decided to creep down the hedge to see if i could get closer, the wind was in my favour. there was a rise in the feild wich in turn meant that i could now could see the fox in full view through the scope.he was now about 160-170 yds'as i gave a small squeak he sat and looked at me. i was the last thig he saw . he was shot through the chest and the round came out of his back (the b/t takes no prisoners ) what a mess!!!!! instant death.

the second one was pretty much the same story but it was going through some rough patches .1st seen at aprox 120 yds shot at around 90 yds

Col Pol,

That could quite easily happen just lately. I have improved the land I can shoot over locally ,for rabbits and pigeons ,by 3000 acres ,but there is no fox shooting on it....******. So I haven't been doing any at all lately.

Tommy,

Have you suffered the "I've left my mobile on and it rings when I am just going to fire " syndrome yet. Bloody frustrating and your mates will take the mick out of you mercilessly . I know..........I was that soldier. :lol:

Leon,

The ringtone on my mobile is the Flight of the Valkyries .

Picture the scene.........lonely hillside ,miles from anywhere, going up for midnight, not seen anything for an hour or so, no talking on the vehicle, lamper shows me a fox about 130 yards away, lamp off, I indicate go, lines up on him, just going to fire..............then Da Da Da Da La la, Da Da Da Da La La on full volume, several expletives later and rummaging for the phone in my voluminous pockets, turns it off, the fox was still there dancing about, and I mean dancing. I just get lined up again and he walked out of sight over the skyline.

The above is a recipe for lots of mickey taking.......One of those I will never live down. :*)

BTW......Leon...he never did return my call.........I thought he really cared for me. :lol: