A meal a cooked last night

Ferretboy111

Shot a mallard on friday night, roasted it last night with honey and apple (suppose to be quince), Never tried duck before and i must admit that its rather nice in small quantities as its very rich. I found that 1 breast and leg each on a mound of cheese,nutmeg and black pepper mash with brocoli and beans was ample.

:yes:

Was too eager to eat it so didnt take a photo.

;)

You can't beat duck, it's my favorite meat. Getting it for the price of a cartridge is pretty good too! I'll have to try the honey and quince thing. Sounds nice

FUnnily enough..............guess what I am about to go and prepare..........

Got a big ducky in the fridge............unfortunately is was from tescos.......................but there is hope for me yet......................

cheese and nutmeg mash sounds interesting..............think Ill give that a go................................

Yeah its surprisingly good, not too much nutmeg mind, but grate it in as u would pepper and add some cheese to it aswell.

I could of put more honey on my duck but i was scared it would over power it but it didnt.

:yes:

It was friggin orrible..................................soo fatty it put me off................

Didnt do the mash....................

Think Ill keep to breast meat next time and pan fry it off.................

:blush:

It was friggin orrible..................................soo fatty it put me off................

Didnt do the mash....................

Think Ill keep to breast meat next time and pan fry it off.................

Try the breasts of Duck with a Plumb sauce. Pan fry the breasts untill they are pink, then put in a shallow dish pour over the Plumb sauce, and grill for 2 or 3 mins. Absolutely beautiful.

Alternatively if cooking a whole Supermarket duck as Henry D said ***** it all over, then rub salt into the skin, then roast in a hot oven on baking rack. So all the fat drains out of the bird. Result is one crispy moist Duck.