Building a Feeding Area for Pheasants

I'm have notice the number of pheasants in our area are very low, i keep the mink and fox numbers down over the winter and summer,

So i was thinking of planting a small area of corn or something like that, to give the pheasants some cover and food,

Can anyone give me any advice on this or is it a good idea?

kale is the best crop bar none, if you can grow it! Add a little quinoa and triticale to the mix for feed.

Mixes like this can be bought from all the game cover suppliers. If the kale fails then at least there will be some feed available from the other two plants in the mix. In my experience most game covers fail due to weed competition, especially on virgin ground. Nail the weeds, give the crop plenty of feed, manure if you can get it. Game covers need lots of TLC, not just drilled and forgotten about.

kale is the best crop bar none, if you can grow it! Add a little quinoa and triticale to the mix for feed.

Mixes like this can be bought from all the game cover suppliers. If the kale fails then at least there will be some feed available from the other two plants in the mix. In my experience most game covers fail due to weed competition, especially on virgin ground. Nail the weeds, give the crop plenty of feed, manure if you can get it. Game covers need lots of TLC, not just drilled and forgotten about.

Most of the ground in our area is mostly grass land and not much crop, but full of trees and cover.