Fantastic B&B with organised shhoting/fishing

RichardH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just been up to gods country for a few days as the preamble for a friends wedding.

We booked into a local (and very reasonable) B&B in Dumfries where the owners really and truly went out of their way in every respect to make sure we had a fantastic time.

After my arrival late on Thursday we were on the marshes at 6am tucked up on the correct flight lines for the geese before returning quickly for a marvelous breakfast.

We then proceeded to the days salmon fishing, and although we saw good numbers of running fish I sadly let the side down returning empty handed.

Finally we spent the evening duck flighting on the owners shoot before returning for a splendid home cooked meal and a few drinks.

The owners couldn't possibly have put themselves out any more to ensure we had a great few days and the cost for four days inclusive of all the sport was what one would expect to pay for two days at the Holiday Inn.

I am assured all forms of shooting can be accommodated for responsible, safe insured guns including stalking, walked up pheasant and partridge, duck flighting and of course fowling. I've no doubt they could happily accommodate responsible insured air gunners just as easily.

I really cant recommend you visit this place enough and its only 30 minutes from the top of the M6.

http://www.solwaysportingbreaks.co.uk/

Richard