African cat (servile) I hunted

dan the gun

may i ask was it just a trophy or are they out of control/predators and what did you do with it afterwards

dont know how i feel about shooting cats ...i'm no cat lover but it does look a beautiful animal, then again a real good condition fox is a lovely animal ?????

Yea I feel the same, but all to their own, if it was legal or a neccessity who are we to judge, I too wouldn't want to shoot any animals that I find particulary endearing.

I've shot one bigger than that here, but it was ginger :innocent: The simple thing is in the wild they will be as much a pest as they are here and if numbers are sufficient to allow hunting then why not.

The big thing to remember is while people pay to hunt them then poaching will be cracked down on, the locals won't try and poison them to stop them taking chickens etc

Edited by al4x

Lovely looking animal. I am not going to make any rash judgements as I am not too familiar with the animal. Everybody is slightly too quick to jump on the band wagon, yet when they are looking down their scope at a fox they soon squeeze the trigger. BTW I shoot foxes too and I would find most foxes a nicer looking animal than the cat in the picture, so the attractiveness argument is a bit weak.

just checking that i have logged on to pigeonwatch and not mumsnet by mistake.

OP ignore all the moaners they watched to much disney as a child.

I've got to agree with you.

In fact I'm shocked by some peoples attitudes here. Especially coming from people that shoot other animals and birds.

To me the cat looks positively evil, and I'm sure it is.

Also as Ollie says, there some weak arguments here.

Do you not think a pheasant is a beautiful creature, or even a woodpigeon if it comes to that. But we all wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger when its in front of you.

Please , get real.

Well done Dan, you've probably saved the lives of quite a few other animals.

Well done Dan, you've probably saved the lives of quite a few other animals.

Shouldn't we all just shoot ourselves, then?

(I'm not pro/anti this picture in anyway, it's just this argument makes no sense to me)

Edited by Bleeh

Surely that's what forums are for, so that everyone can have their own opinions. I asked why because everything I was able to find out about them seems to point to the fact they are hunted for their fur and that they tend not to be a problem for livestock. But I was interested in finding out the reason they are hunted and if what I read was wrong then I have learnt something

Personally I always think twice before I pull the trigger and certainly never just shoot something for the sake of shooting it and that's just my opinion. Personally I like fox's, but when I have too then I do shoot them. That said I only ever shoot them if I have too and if I don't have too then would rather watch them, and I don't think that makes me some sort of Brain May follower. But that is my opinion which i know not everyone shares.

. I don't comment a lot on here but do really think it's a great site with lots of great posts and lots of great helpful members, but just because it's a site about guns and yes about shooting live prey surely that does not mean that everyone has to have the same opinion with out asking or having their own views on it.

As I Say if there is a valid reason they are hunted then that's good.

Cheers :good: .

(I'm not pro/anti this picture in anyway, it's just this argument makes no sense to me)

with your argument, we should shoot everything or nothing

this could go round in circles, most of what we shoot, we shoot to protect something else, everything eats something and therefore kills it, be it animal or plant, so saying we should shoot ourselves is like saying we should shoot everything

Surely that's what forums are for, so that everyone can have their own opinions. I asked why because everything I was able to find out about them seems to point to the fact they are hunted for their fur and that they tend not to be a problem for livestock. But I was interested in finding out the reason they are hunted and if what I read was wrong then I have learnt something

Personally I always think twice before I pull the trigger and certainly never just shoot something for the sake of shooting it and that's just my opinion. Personally I like fox's, but when I have too then I do shoot them. That said I only ever shoot them if I have too and if I don't have too then would rather watch them, and I don't think that makes me some sort of Brain May follower. But that is my opinion which i know not everyone shares.

. I don't comment a lot on here but do really think it's a great site with lots of great posts and lots of great helpful members, but just because it's a site about guns and yes about shooting live prey surely that does not mean that everyone has to have the same opinion with out asking or having their own views on it.

As I Say if there is a valid reason they are hunted then that's good.

Cheers :good: .

:good: indeed

Looks a good experience fella.

I wouldn't personally go big game hunting, it's not my thing all this trophy hunting but each to their own.

Exactly, like I said, if it's legal and your thing, fill your boots, I just like big cats, so wouldn't shoot one, I shoot a LOT of animals, but always feel bad shooting squirrels lol.

Give me the chance to shoot a panda...lazy fat ****ers.....

if i won lottery i would do same i would hunt all round world and would not think twice to shooting anything on this plant and i would do it for fun and cause i could not that i care what any of you lot think

think a few off here should join rspca or save the tiger fund or you could evan sponsor that friggin stupid donkey thats on tv

forgot to say nice cat DAN what gun what range what ammo mate ? well done mate

hows that mister English teacher ill give my self 50 lines i must try harder to spell correct on pigeon watch lol

Edited by swiss.tony

if i won lottery i wood do same i wood hunt all round world and wood not think twice to shooting anything on this plant and i wood do it for fun and cause i could not that i care what any of you lot think

think a few off here should join rspca or save the tiger fund or you could evan sponsor that friggin stupid donkey thats on tv

forgot to say nice cat DAN what gun what range what ammo mate ? well done mate

:lol: Very Funny

Exactly, like I said, if it's legal and your thing, fill your boots, I just like big cats, so wouldn't shoot one, I shoot a LOT of animals, but always feel bad shooting squirrels lol.

Give me the chance to shoot a panda...lazy fat ****ers.....

give me a chance to shoot a panda just gets better for the anti's when you say idiotic things like that!! :no:

Would it help if he wrote it in capitals fella?If i said to my 12 year old boy after shooting a fox,"well thats saved quite a few lives" he would understand without a doubt.Will i get him to explain to you and maybe it might all become clear?

Lovely looking animal and well done fella.No more beautiful than a fox or countless other species we shoot but mass PMT does break oot on here now and again.

Well done Dan, ignore peoples ignorance about hunting big game.

Like its been said, ranches run business's and all hunting is goverment sponsored and controlled, much of the money out of state hunters spend helps the poor countries survive and control poaching.