Please sign..SAS man jailed.

barrelsniffer

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems pathetic to lock anyone away for just having a gun in there house if he was walking around the street with it in his hand or pocket that would be a different matter but then I do not understand why we cannot have hand guns in the first place ( Signed )

I hope that this bloke gets out. He has obviously served his country well until this mistake and I don't think he deserves jail but just read through tour post again and tell me your not serious.

For those who are interested, here is the link:

http://www.change.or...18-months#share

He had brain damage, and this caused memory loss. It is competely possible that he forgot about it. And then there's the fact that his family have suffered as well.

"He intended to have it decommissioned and hung on the SAS sergeants’ mess wall as a war trophy, alongside dozens of others amassed by the regiment in operations."

Ignore that link. There seems to be two petitions.

Here is the one with the most signatures:

http://www.change.or...-18-onths#share

Also, whoever started the petition, could you fix the typo on the petition title please?

Edited by Reece

Confused as to why there are 2 petitions going by the same chap, and they have so little signatories. Won't sign until I find an official petition. Story sounds legit... Except someone must have known the handgun was there, packing inventories etc?

How dare you say that!! Remember he put it there to bring home then lost his memory, hang your head in shame that man!!! Lol

Royal

Only he didn't put it there, it was packed by colleagues. Must have been some kind of inventory and whoever stashed the stuff away safely back in the UK should have known what they were stashing. Still saying that he's most likely innocent, just odd how easily something like a handgun could pass through military airports, the mod station he was at and sent to his house without anybody knowing.

This law was created to give decent sentances to criminals. In my view this guy is about as far from a criminal as you can get. Yes he's broken the law, well kind of, but christ - give him a break! There's a good chance he couldn't even remember the gun was there.

Things like this show that the world isn't black and white. This fella has done wrong but look at all the good he's done. He's risked his life for his country and now we've screwed him over. It's gone beyond making me angry - I almost want to cry thinking about how he's been treated after what he's been through. :sad1: