Rottweilers attack.

Cranfield

I dropped a passenger at the rocket on saturday evening. As I approached it I could see the lights were dimmer than usual, nor could I see people moving through the window. A WPC was standing at the front door.

This appears to be a triple trajedy for a family in a close knit community, or worse if we count the dogs - as some will.

sure i read somwhere about the two incidents being connected ??

"Two people were arrested following the stabbings, which were linked to Cadey-Lee's death, Sky News reported."

nope, typo error in the link to the site.

still a bit irresponsible leaving a child alone

Not a typo mate, there's been a bit of confusion about this... The reason I said it's a triple trajedy is that the grandparents of the child were stabbed yesterday... one of them died in an apparently unrelated incident. The grandparents, it seems, were babysitting the pub and child while the parents were on holiday.

Whilst I appreciate terrible tragedies happen my suspicious mind simply can not allow me to believe these two incidents are unrelated.

My heart goes out to the parents and to the family of those affected by this, but I can't be alone in thinking there has to be a connection here?

Heard this morning that another baby has been savaged by a rotti in Sussex?

I'm with LB on this one.

Anyone leaving a baby/small child alone with a dog especially ones like rotti's should be shot NOT the poor dog. What do these people think they're doing? Same thing with people who get savaged by beasties...wouldn't happen if they stayed out of the beasts domain! Get real people.

Having been saddened and shocked by the baby being mauled to death by two rottweilers at the weekend, I have now found this news clip.

Whats going on ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicest...ire/5378816.stm

What the hell :yp:

how did the accident happen ? where was the child? surely not in the pub wit the dogs ? what do the landlord/lady have to say about the inccident ?

as i read years back and truly beleive "nothing saddens god more than the death of a child"

from the book of counted sorrows .

Martin

Not being funny and no disrespect to the family this is an awfull thing to happen And i do feel very bad for them, BUT it was their fault, im sorry if that causes offence but the fact of the matter is, They left a door unlocked and open allowing the dogs out! , They left a BABY un attended in another room!!, they also left the door to the room the baby was in Open!! , And in so doing They allowed two Trained Attack/Gaurd dogs to enter the room with a child. Case Closed .

I have a dog hes perfectly tame never harmed anyone, dispite this i Would NEVER leave him alone with a child Or allow for there to be a chance for this to happen. You never take risks with children, Negligence caused this.

A Gaurd is A Gaurd dog. It is trained to Attack!!!, They should have taken precautions to prevent it.

its the owners who are in the wrong.

I totaly agree, if your the owner of a dog especialy a trained attack dog. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure it does not harm somebody. And if your a parent it is YOUR responsibility to ensure the saftey of your child. In this case Both were at Fault!

Who pays the price for it?, The dogs :yp: :lol::)

Whilst I appreciate terrible tragedies happen my suspicious mind simply can not allow me to believe these two incidents are unrelated.

I put my money on the real father of the child being involved.

Bloody hell the media got something right for once :lol:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/New...3A24%3A58%3A667

But wait

Quote:

Keith Hall, of Hallswood Animal Sanctuary, is calling for all dogs to be muzzled and for owners to have licences

“We need serious law changes and for people to understand they have a responsibility to the dog, themselves and the general public. Every dog should be muzzled unless it is completely controlled and by law you should have to have insurance for your dog.â€

*** :yp: I can just see all the little old ladys chiwawa's on group 7 insurance muzzeld licensed and chained :)

Edit: well this is really fare to us responsible keepers, Now we have to do all this B/S because of some stupid wreckless *****, And the worst part is all the Chavs that walk around with aggresive Pits are never going to abide by this its only going to be people that would never allow their dog to harm someone in the first place

But wait

Quote:

Keith Hall, of Hallswood Animal Sanctuary, is calling for all dogs to be muzzled and for owners to have licences

“We need serious law changes and for people to understand they have a responsibility to the dog, themselves and the general public. Every dog should be muzzled unless it is completely controlled and by law you should have to have insurance for your dog.”

*** :yp: I can just see all the little old ladys chiwawa's on group 7 insurance muzzeld licensed and chained :lol:

Edit: well this is really fare to us responsible keepers, Now we have to do all this B/S because of some stupid wreckless *****, And the worst part is all the Chavs that walk around with aggresive Pits are never going to abide by this its only going to be people that would never allow their dog to harm someone in the first place

LOL - Yes licensing dog ownership and insisting on conditions because some fool doesn't take proper care, would be stupid, wouldn't it, but wait..... What's the difference between that stupid idea and the other one which suggests the licensing of airguns and enforcment of more controls would be a good idea? They both have exactly the same flaw - forcing controls on the mass of sane people to try to deal with the behaviour of a minority of fools.

LOL - Yes licensing dog ownership and insisting on conditions because some fool doesn't take proper care, would be stupid, wouldn't it, but wait..... What's the difference between that stupid idea and the other one which suggests the licensing of airguns and enforcment of more controls would be a good idea? They both have exactly the same flaw - forcing controls on the mass of sane people to try to deal with the behaviour of a minority of fools.

Thats a very fare point..