pheasant today with huntsman calssic .22

evo

hi all,went out for an hour today to get myself a pheasant,stayed in the long grass for about 30 mins when this big fella poped out of the hedgeline,he was 30yrds approx,hit him with a head shot ,pellets i was using was the JSB Diablo Exact Jumbo 15.89gr . Gun was my Daystate huntsman Classic .22 sub 12 ftlb back there tomorrow with the shotguns after the pigeons and corvids,will let ya know how we get on,,,cheers EVO

post-54056-0-11716000-1353090183_thumb.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why shoot pheasants with an air rifle?

why not ???? , i am very confident in what i do and unless i was certain of a clean kill (head shot) under 40yrds then i see no reason why i should not, i have put the hours in and know what me and my rifle is capable of .if i was not confident of a clean kill i would never take the shot thanks

why not ???? , i am very confident in what i do and unless i was certain of a clean kill (head shot) under 40yrds then i see no reason why i should not, i have put the hours in and know what me and my rifle is capable of .if i was not confident of a clean kill i would never take the shot thanks

Thats the right answer. Dont let the bores of the world get yo you. If you can get a nice clean head shot, then its hammer time all day long.

sorry dont want to dampen your good day, I just dont like shots of us guys all cammo'd up, brandishing guns and dead animals. it just feels wrong to me, I know its what we all do but I just dont think it promotes what we do in the correct light, I am just turning into an old fogey so dont take to much notice of me, photo is good quality though

all the best

doc

I am very lucky I shoot a lot of driven game and find it fantastic sport!! "that said" evo setting up and shooting his dinner may find that fantastic sport guys! who are we to judge him! it's legal and he may find it fantastic sport,,, Well done evo if it makes you happy mate you crack on buddy!! well done.

Edited by Shotgunspud

Perfectly legal Bob, I'm just surprised he kept his head still enough for the shot.

Good shooting mate :good:

lol,,when he was in range mate i squeeked him and he froze solid,,had a great day mate,back on there 2moro with the 12 bores after the pigeon and rooks,,they were all over the decoys today,,cheers bud

Hehe am sure bob will pose again just in his thong with a frozen fish cake in his hand

Take care doc

OH YES !!!!!!!!!!!! sounds good to me but will wait till summer mate

john i,ll have to take ya up their befor xmas mate you will enjoy it bud