Zeroing problems

Wildfowler12

Not sure where they get it from mate .its quite a simple job to re-parallax most scopes to the required range,just about every scope i've owned (and thats quite a lot) has required re-parallaxing to air rifle range which in my case is parallax to about 28yds for a clear picture ,this gives me a really good 35yd zero which in turn gives me a nice crisp picture from about 15 to 45 yds which is where it just starts to go out of crisp focus this also comes in handy for a rough 45yd distance guide also means i generally only have to use 1 mildot .As i dont go much above 45yds on live quarry with an air rifle this suits me fine.

:hmm: :hmm: We were talking about Zero, I'm not sure if someone got mixed up in their post, but parallax has nothing to do with zero per say. It is true that some scopes designed for air rifle or even rimfire have parallax set closer and others further (those that have a pre-set of course) Parallax also presents a problem depending on the quality of your eyesight/glasses as well. It was not uncommon a few years back, and in their heyday, for owners of the Simmons WTC 3-5-10x50 to take them apart and adjust the parallax (which was factory set at 100), quite easy after you had broken the glue seal on the objective thread! :good: