These long winter nights tends to be dragging on a bit

Been looking at the ns200 or maybe a cobra melin

Or archa add on will be going on a 22lr and a hmr after

Xmas hopefully when my variation comes back are just

Wondering what had the best votes in the feild 150yards

Range wise would be fine has for the lr 100 is ideal

Look forward to your help in advance

Atb

I have had the NS200 for a couple of months now, and it does take a little tweaking to get it working right with your scope, but once you do it's a great piece of kit.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/224330-first-month-with-the-nitesite-ns200/

If your still waiting for your variation to come through, I'm guessing your still looking at rifles and scopes, so if you go down the NS200 route, pick your scope carefully, side parallax is a must in my opinion, as is a close focus (down to 10 yards) something in the MTC scope range should fit the bill, and I am in the process of changing all 3 of my present scopes to MTC's.

Another handy bit of kit is an Olight M20 Crimson torch, as using the NiteSite to scan for targets is not easy, you can of course look for them with a standard lamp, but we all know how lamp shy critters can get these days?

I have also added some other bits of kit which work well for me, a smaller and lighter battery with integrated switch and a stock pouch for it to go in.

The NS200 has a knob on the top for switching the screen on and turning the IR lamp up to it's 4 intensity levels, this is a little tedious when foxing as you always need the highest setting, so I set it at the high mark and just turn it on and off on the battery, which is almost silent and much quicker!

So far it has accounted for 48 rats at between 5-80 yards (on a .22 and air rifle) and 17 foxes all the way up to 180 yards (on a Sako .223)

I have no experience with the Archer or any other night sight for that matter, but can say that the NS200 has opened up a whole new shooting dimension for me now, and I'm having a ball! :)

I agree with the NS200. It's an excellent bit of kit. You can't compare it to the likes of an Archer, but then the Archer can be three times as expensive. I have found that the NS200 is ideal for all situations, and it will work on air rifles, rimfires and centrefire rifles. It does work slightly better when using a parallax adjustable scope, but can still be used on a fixed parallax scope. I use my NS200 on my .17HMR with a MTC Genesis (PA) scope, and also on my .243 with S&B Zenith (fixed PA) scope. I get good results with both.

The Cobra Merlin is also a good bit of kit. I used to own one, which was used on my .22-250. The only downside with the Cobra is that it has to be used with a parallax adjustable scope, as it's very difficult to see the scopes reticule if you use a fixed parallax one. The Cobra Merlin also has to have some extra IR illumination if you are shooting more than 40-60 yards, as the onboard illuminator is'nt very powerful.