miroku vs browning

delburt0

Evening ladies I'm in a dilemma next week I am buying a miroku mk38 or a Browning 525 as a treat off the Mrs for dumping the fags, both grade 1, miroku is 1450.00 the Browning 1295.00 I've tried them and can swing them both nice, I have shot a 3800 on many occasions and done well with it but as you no you cannot buy these anymore , I've never bought a newbie before, so before letting go of my hardearned thought I would get a few impartial views, I also have contemplated a beretta pig 1 but I have never picked one up though, the new gun will be used on mainly clays, but odd driven / beaters day thanks in advance Craig..

Edited by delburt0

Most Browning's and Miruko's are made in the same place and are near enough the same guns, though with most brownings they come with a abs case where mirukos come in a cardboard box (unless this has now changed.

They them out and see which one suits you the best, I think the newest MK 38's have the later barrels where they are tappered forcing cones (no visable step in the chamber area) rather than having stepped forcinng cones.

Think the MK 38 has a mixture of teague extended chokes and flush chokes supplied (still only 5 chokes), not sure if its ll varients, a friend has just bought one and it was supplied with this combination of chokes.

I have had both a browning 525 and a miruko mk 60 only difference I found was the wood on my 525 was grade 2.5 and the miruko was grade 1. Both felt the same and build quality was no different, and shot the same, though did buy a abs case for the mk 60 a bit later on.

You will probally find the beretta and the browning / miruko will feel different in their handling as the browning / miruko have a streighter cast on them.

I had the same choice - bought the Browning. The 525 seems to hold on to its price better in s/h. Try them both out - spend a few minutes dry mounting both of them with your eyes closed - if everything is lined up well when you open your eyes, you won't go far wrong. The reason I chose the 525 - maybe an illusion, but the Miroku stock at the grip felt a lot fatter, the Browning suited my handgrip better. Good luck in your choice, they are both good guns..

as said the mirokus and brownings are more or less the same gun, have you looked at a miroku mk70 ? i bought one a couple of years ago for 1120 quid brand new from swillington which was cheaper than anyone else, i can bet if the miroku and browning feel a good fit the beretta wont due to differant comb height.

Go to the shop before and get them to make a voucher up (or make one yourself). Take her out for her breakfast then say lets go to the gun shop for a look around, as you walk through the door give her an envelope with the voucher inside.

That way she can choose and your like the cat that got the cream.

Go to the shop before and get them to make a voucher up (or make one yourself). Take her out for her breakfast then say lets go to the gun shop for a look around, as you walk through the door give her an envelope with the voucher inside.

That way she can choose and your like the cat that got the cream.

Coming from you, thats a very good idea

nearly as good as getting them to take a grade 5 Miroku out of the box and replace it with a grade 1 :innocent:

Both are good guns

personally I would steer away from the 725 as its got the slimmer action/grip, not as bad as the Beretta's but heading that way.

Also ask about ex demo guns as you avoid the VAT

:shaun:

Also ask about ex demo guns as you avoid the VAT

No you dont, secondhand you do but on the margin.................

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/start/schemes/margin.htm

Normally you charge VAT on your sales, and reclaim VAT on your purchases. However, if you sell second-hand goods, works of art, antiques or collectibles, there may have been no VAT for you to reclaim when you bought them. You may be able to use a VAT margin scheme. This enables you to account for VAT only on the difference between the price you paid for an item and the price at which you sell it - your margin. You won't pay any VAT if you don't make a profit on a deal. You can still use standard VAT accounting for other sales and purchases such as overheads.

No you dont, secondhand you do but on the margin.................

http://www.hmrc.gov....emes/margin.htm

you learn something everyday, Ive always thought that ex demo came VAT free

shaun if i pull my finger out i might even be good enough to show the southerners how to shoot next year ? :santa:

We like to let them win it now and again otherwise they would lose interest,

My aim is to shoot well enough to get my scores into the top 10, after 3 attempts its still not happened

Edited by shaun4860

well guys been a funny couple of days anyone would think i was moving house while the wife was having triplets !!!!

finally done it whilst taking on board the advice on the miroku 38 and browning 525 i have gone and bought a cynergy, bit different i no, but i dry mounted 50+ times with eyes closed , everytime it was perfect when i openend my peepers , totally solid no movement and it swung beutifully

i am very happy on the responses on here and would like any views on the cynergy as after stroking it for another hr i will put in the cabinet

"might see if the wife fits in the cabinet and ill sleep with the cynergy"

ps even though in as new condition @ £1375.00 it is the new model with the small butt plate same as i said any views on the cynergy would be appreciated ... thanks again merry christmas atb a happy delburt0 :santa::good: .............

Edited by delburt0

As long as you are happy and can shoot it well, that's all that matters. One thing, I have had two friends who bought Cynergys, they both say the action is still very stiff compared to their other guns. They were told that this is because the Cynergy has a different type of hinge pin, that lasts longer, therefore takes longer to 'bed in'(?) One of my mates had to get rid, because he had a pre-existing RSI in the elbow, and the stiffer action was painful to him. The other guy loves his..

Edited by Bloke

ps even though in as new condition @ £1375.00 it is the new model with the small butt plate same as i said any views on the cynergy would be appreciated ... thanks again merry christmas atb a happy delburt0 :santa::good: .............

Do you like marmite? have a search....