Another idiot with a gun!

Bloke

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot of sympathy for the victims but none for him.

If we are to believe the article:-

He was drunk

Had a faulty shotgun

Had it loaded out of the stand.

Pointed it at people

Shot 3 people

But it wasn't his fault because he didn't pull the trigger! :hmm:

Edited by Dekers

The mind boggles! Just goes to show how beneficial having access to a clever barrister can do for you! Be interesting when it's renewal time! Why would some one who is described as wealthy be using a el cheapo pump action at a " pro shoot" as it's described?

I can't quite believe just how understanding the victims are. One has umpteen pellets still inside him. I would want him jailed for a long time.

The man was drunk, dangerous and still won't fully admit responsibility:-

Richards had thought he was sober at the time of the incident was ‘not fully cognisant’ of his condition,

Mr Wheeler, of Stinchcombe, said it had been a ‘terrible reckless act’ by Richards but he did not want to see him locked up for it.

article-2236361-16262F20000005DC-524_306x423.jpg

'

'I was shot in my arm and chest,' he said. 'The doctors left the pellets in there because they say that’s safer than to remove them.

'I have around 140 inside me and I can feel them. I also have a blank patch on my chest where my iPhone protected me. It was ruined, as well as my watch.

gets shot with 140 pellets. complains that his watch is ruined.

Edited by artschool

I have a lot of sympathy for the victims but none for him.

If we are to believe the article:-

He was drunk

Had a faulty shotgun

Had it loaded out of the stand.

Pointed it at people

Shot 3 people

But it wasn't his fault because he didn't pull the trigger! :hmm:

Yes! It's rather interesting when they investigate the Gun and find the pins leave dents in the primers BUT they didn't go off :hmm:

If you hold the trigger on some pumps while racking, the shot goes as soon as the action closes. I rather think his finger WAS on the trigger. This would explain why 2 shots were fired "outside of the stand"!

Surely if it discharged once it had to be racked again? The racking was certainly no accident then!

I rather think there is MORE to this than is being told by the parties involved!

Edited by Lord Geordie

I can't quite believe just how understanding the victims are. One has umpteen pellets still inside him. I would want him jailed for a long time.

The man was drunk, dangerous and still won't fully admit responsibility:-

I wounder if wealth has something to do with the understanding ? Or has someone been prattling about to give him a fright I have seen people do some strange things in the name of fun.

If you hold the trigger on some pumps while racking, the shot goes as soon as the action closes. I rather think his finger WAS on the trigger. This would explain why 2 shots were fired "outside of the stand"!

I have hear dof this (Slam fire?) is it "legal" guess technically its the same as a trigger

Two firearms experts found Richards’ gun was poorly made and could discharge by itself because of a fault that left the firing pin pressing against the cartridge.

in proof?

Defence barrister Kannan Siva said that since the incident the owner of the shooting site had made significant changes to the layout, moving the ammunition bins so they did not require a shooter to turn around so far at a stand.

eh? ???

Edited by HDAV

It's a defence barrister. They'd say anything to show that their client was not responsible for his own actions.

No matter that he was grossly negligent, knowing that he was drunk and shooting.

No matter that he had a loaded gun, not pointing out of the front of the cage.

No matter that he broke the cardinal rules of weapon handling.

No matter that he had a badly maintained gun.

To a defence barrister, those are minor details. I would, however, seriously hope that his SGC is revoked, as he is plainly not 'of temperate character', and reckless in his behaviour around firearms

If he is a license holder and a regular clay shooter he is an absolute disgrace. I have the up most sympathy for those shot, it cannot have been a pleasant experience.

I think the stock picture the paper has used is a little provocative, considering that the gun he used was apparently SGC restricted, with the stock photo used showing an extended magazine, tactical additions such as a heat shield and pistol grip. That combined with the header 'Dangerous' leaves a lasting impression in the readers mind.

Also the commenter 'PhilUpNorth' is speaking like he is a shooter, yet come across as someone who has shot very little or is making a lot up. I know of only a few clay shooters with bars, where as he claims many have them. He also claims many shoots ban pump action and semi autos, I have yet to find a shoot that has banned either.

This is why anyone seen being casual with where they point their gun must be challenged immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if there had been earlier opportunities to pull him up about his muzzle awareness.

I'm amazed there wasn't more damage done from only 10 feet distance even with clay cartridges!

If he was three times the driving limit the morning after, he must have been in a mess the night before.