Another idiot with a gun!

Bloke

I think most people came to the same conclusion some time ago.

Consistency is not really something which appears on Dennis' radar. He never, to my knowledge, backs up any argument with facts. He never answers a direct question, he contradicts himself, he merely flits in and out of debates, dispensing garbage with the ease of an expert.

Sounds like an MP to me.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Gordon, also the people around him are also in some way to blame too! if you were at a shoot and some one on the stand in front of you or stood waiting to shoot stank like a brewers apron would you say something? i know i would the last thing i woud like to see is some idiot who is drunk using a firearm of any sort!

Have you ever worked with someone who is an alcoholic ? Believe me, they are damn good at hiding it.

It isn't obvious when they've been drinking, they aren't like most people would be, after a friday/saturday skinfull.

They drink every day, and they have adapted their routine to conceal drinking and the effects of drinking

One person who worked at the same workplace as me was a chronic alcoholic, was only found out after several years, when it reached a point where they could no longer hide it.

He eventually admitted that he had been drinking in work for quite a while, often starting drinking before work. None of us had noticed, right up until the last few weeks.

"1. Treat every gun as if it is loaded.

2. Avoid alcohol and horseplay when in possession of any gun.

3. Never point or fire your gun at anything other than the target. Always make sure that when handed a gun it is open and empty. Know your guns and keep them clean..."

Should lose his tickets and be banned from all gun ranges.

Personally...a month inside would have been appropriate.

:angry:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/173038-safe-shooting/

Edited by Robin128

Have you ever worked with someone who is an alcoholic ? Believe me, they are damn good at hiding it.

It isn't obvious when they've been drinking, they aren't like most people would be, after a friday/saturday skinfull.

They drink every day, and they have adapted their routine to conceal drinking and the effects of drinking

One person who worked at the same workplace as me was a chronic alcoholic, was only found out after several years, when it reached a point where they could no longer hide it.

He eventually admitted that he had been drinking in work for quite a while, often starting drinking before work. None of us had noticed, right up until the last few weeks.

being an ex commercial fisherman and also an officer in the merchant navy i dare say i have worked with a few ;)

being an ex commercial fisherman and also an officer in the merchant navy i dare say i have worked with a few ;)

And my point is, AT THE TIME, did you realise they were alcoholics. Was it bleedin obvious, did they come on duty, in your words 'stinking like a brewers apron' ?

Because if the answer was EVER no, then you can't criticise the people at that shoot for not realising.

I really can't see what difference it makes who owns the gun. I don't care who owned the gun. This man was the idiot who was pointing it at people.

If it was his own - he is responsible.

If he borrowed it - he is still responsible.

If he was drunk - he is a disgrace.

If he was sober - he is a disgrace.

+1

All too often drunks ruin a safe days' shooting...and manage to blame everyone else for their short-comings and total lack of responsibility and self control.

Look how many times the word "intemperate" appears in the 2002 Firearms Law...Guidance to the Police and the Firearms Act 1968.

:eh:

The mind boggles! Just goes to show how beneficial having access to a clever barrister can do for you! Be interesting when it's renewal time! Why would some one who is described as wealthy be using a el cheapo pump action at a " pro shoot" as it's described?

I spent 16 years in and out of the uk court system. (On the good side i hasen to add!) And it's disgusting what total and utter ******** a barrister can get away with telling to an open court, and rarely if ever do they get asked to back up there facts!

That goes for defence solicitors in magistrates court to. Infact they are by far the worst!

So demoralising and frustrating you want to scream out in open court! But the only one who would bennefit from that is the scum bag solicitor blurting out the ********!

I have to agree with you Jamie , we all like to think our Court system is the finest in the World but its only when you get involved in it do you understand what a lottery it has become, in some cases nobody in the court, including the jury understand what really goes on...Judges are so remote from the real world its hard to understand how they got the job, barristers live in another world, frequenty lie as well as the police....yet all this goes on unpunished, they never prosecute a copper or a barrister when they get found out in court......But in the defence of the court system i recently took an eminent Doctor to court who had a 5.5 ct diamond tennis bracelet on loan for 2 years, then to deny ever having it. He was represented in Court because he spoke poor english but the judge refused to allow him to speak on behalf of his client and slated the doctor in court and fine him as well, his wife gave the game away in court under cross examination.......

It not really related to guns only in the fact that tread very carefully when dealing with licences and the authorities, end up in court and don't ever take it for granted, get the best barrister you can afford.

Dennis

Dennis - possibly your most surreal post to date.

What has a loaned diamond tennis bracelet got to do with anything, unless you loaned it to the doctor?

Very, very true, except on the planet Zog.

i am going to ask the question that countless numbers amongst us are dying to ask!! "why would you loan a doctor a diamond bracelet?"

He had just spent over a million on his house with my company, i was selling this braclet and he was looking for a present for his daughter, in his custom he felt it was a gift, he just lost the plot. I don't know why he did it, he just looked foolish in court. It must have cost him a packet but it was just a small claims court hearing and no representation is allowed, he still owes me 60 G , i could let it go but i'm retiring this year and may need the dough to top up my pension or treat myself to a new gun , i hav'nt bought one yet although i was going to Italy to get measured up for a perrarzi this year, but with all the trouble with trying to keep my licence i have put it back.

I know you have a dull boring life Gordon and these fantasy website maybe all that is going on in your life, but some of us are still action men, even at 64. England Team Gold in both the 2012 Home International Sporting. and World Sporting. A full overseas calender next year, never dull.

Dennis

Great picture of 'the' poorly made shotgun which I doubt very much is 'the' shotgun used,but is a large magazine capacity military/police type model.That aside,it just goes to show,the only way to ensure no one gets shot is to never ever point that barrel at anyone.

Sanity prevails, we'll put Sir!

If he is a license holder and a regular clay shooter he is an absolute disgrace. I have the up most sympathy for those shot, it cannot have been a pleasant experience.

I think the stock picture the paper has used is a little provocative, considering that the gun he used was apparently SGC restricted, with the stock photo used showing an extended magazine, tactical additions such as a heat shield and pistol grip. That combined with the header 'Dangerous' leaves a lasting impression in the readers mind.

Also the commenter 'PhilUpNorth' is speaking like he is a shooter, yet come across as someone who has shot very little or is making a lot up. I know of only a few clay shooters with bars, where as he claims many have them. He also claims many shoots ban pump action and semi autos, I have yet to find a shoot that has banned either.

PhilUpNorth does sound like an utter throbber, I agree!

This is why anyone seen being casual with where they point their gun must be challenged immediately. I wouldn't be surprised if there had been earlier opportunities to pull him up about his muzzle awareness.

I'm amazed there wasn't more damage done from only 10 feet distance even with clay cartridges!

If he was three times the driving limit the morning after, he must have been in a mess the night before.

I agree with all your points made here.

I agree. My wife has only recently started shooting, and wanted a couple of lessons just so that she was happy that she is safe around guns. While I probably could have gone through safety briefs, she was happiest with an instructor doing it. In addition, she has really enjoyed breaking clays !

Wait until she graduates to watches & iPhones! Lol

You should be able to use whatever gun you want to shoot clays, after all it is a free country.

What you shouldn't be allowed to do whilst shooting clays is be drunk as a skunk or turn the gun towards anything other than clear range or clay target.

If nobody had noticed he was drunk or did and didn't care then there is something seriously wrong.

Once again, good valid points made here, it's not the gun that kills, it's the nut behind the trigger!

Anyone blaming the make or configuration of shotgun, and ignoring the fact we have a rat arrsed used BMW salesman, disregarding safety basics!

It's a useful figure because how else do you get the point across?

To be honest, I think it's a bit decpetive because people don't really appreciate what a reading of three times the limit actually equates to. In the real world it's a huge amount of drink. When the police nick someone for drink driving the procedure is that they get breath tested at the scene. If they blow over the limit then they wait 20 minutes and test them again in case they have only just had a drink and are registering alcohol that is in their throat rather than from their lungs.

If the second test is over the limit then they are taken to a police station and tested again on a more accurate machine. Two tests are done and the lower reading is used at court. It could be an hour or more before the tests at the station which means you may not have had a drink for a couple of hours. If you are three times over the limit at that point you have consumed a very large amount of alcohol.

Buy a breathalyser on Ebay and do some tests. I did a few years back - purely in the name of science, you understand. You can drink a pint of normal strength beer at a rate of a pint every hour and never get near the limit. It isn't easy to get, and to stay, at twice the driving limit for long. Being three times over the limit several hours after drinking means that you have had a huge amount of drink. People would smell that.

J.

You are, of course absolutely correct I what you say, but I do believe every experiment requires a 'control' sample to validate the results, so I shall recreate the experiment this weekend!

I very much doubt that anyone is ever allowed to have a loaded shotgun pointed at someone at a clay ground. He's broken the rules because he is a drunken moron. No rule can stop that - though it's not impossible that the layout of the shooting ground may have some room for improvements.

Please don't refer to any kind of firearm as a weapon. They aren't, they are only a weapon when used as a weapon - shooting clays is quite different.

I get the impression that you don't think pump action guns should be allowed for shooting clays - a bit ironic as your going on about how the establishment will be a step closer to tightening controls, as you seem to want to ban pumps!

They are no more dangerous than any other kind of firearm, and I shoot rather well with mine. They're perfectly suitable.

I fail to see how the shooting organisations could have have any effect on this. It may be that someone at the ground noticed he stank of alcohol, but didn't dare say anything, or it may be that nobody noticed. What would the shooting organisations having a closer link with management have to do with any of this?

I couldn't have put it better myself! Dennis comes across as a narrow minded bigot.

Dennis - do you get up each morning with the sole intent of speaking drivel. If you don't, it comes remarkably easily to you.

Why do you, and you alone, decide pumps have no place in clay shooting. You also have a dig at autos. Why not have a pop about SBSs or Over and Unders? It would be just as illogical.

Shame I wasn't there to witness this remarkable event. :no: :no: :no: :no:

A classic - one of your many. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bravo! Well said!

Edited by Salty

Come on Dennis - brighten up our otherwise dull lives with one of your classics.

Perhaps a few boasts about your shooting - you can actually truthfully boast about that.

Some lifeboat tales - you have my admiration for your service.

Perhaps another petition - might be an idea to create one which made grammatical sense and wasn't stupid.

Perhaps some boasting about your property or your business.

Perhaps some tales of how well 'ard you are.