Another idiot with a gun!

Bloke

I'd like to direct Dennis to the thread where a representative of BASC has just denied that BASC is involved in any changes to shooting legislation, or that there are plans before parliament or a working party set up on the matter. I'm sure you have some explaination which you have been asked not to discuss, but the rest of us will believe BASC, I'm sure.

Edited by cant hit rabbits 123

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said there were plans before parliament or that there are any changes to shooting legislation....Do you think Basc or any other national body will admit to anything until there are results or things on the table, i can only relay what i have been told by an authority in the sport.

Dennis

Who said there were plans before parliament or that there are any changes to shooting legislation....Do you think Basc or any other national body will admit to anything until there are results or things on the table, i can only relay what i have been told by an authority in the sport.

Dennis

Who is?

Dennis

You did, earlier in the thread.

Are you saying that an organisation that only exists because of its members, one which relies on members subs to stay afloat, just lied to its membership base? For saying you see yourself as a businessman, you don't seem to understand business very well.

Its got to the point where I honestly think you are making it up. I do try to believe most things people say if they are believable but you have back tracked on most things you've said, you've suddenly forgotten all you said about a parliamenty working group, you cant pin anything down, provide a single shred of evidence or even answer basic questions.

If you, as an upstanding member of this sport, will stand up and say that BASC has lied through its teeth, go right on ahead. If you wanted to see a better future for this sport, you would warn your fellow shooters of what you know, not suggest it then try and hide it.

A definition of a Dennis.....

The reason Most stay well clear of clubs, because they all have their own self appointed wind bag that gets up everybody's nose, Has no mates so bores the pants off everybody down the club, delights in telling everybody what they have done. probably the most boring and obnoxious of our species, unfortunately unlikely to become extinct

Edited by docholiday

A definition of a Dennis.....

The reason Most stay well clear of clubs, because they all have their own self appointed wind bag that gets up everybody's nose, Has no mates so bores the pants off everybody down the club, delights in telling everybody what they have done. probably the most boring and obnoxious of our species, unfortunately unlikely to become extinct

Isnt Essex the place with no registered Sporting grounds? I always wondered, now i know why.......

Dennis

and which planet was this information beamed down from?

You cant make statements like that without atleast having some evidence to support it.

and which planet was this information beamed down from?

You cant make statements like that without atleast having some evidence to support it.

You are missing the point

Dennis has access to some of the most powerful people in the land ... if not the universe. For him deigning to talk to them, they will divulge all sorts of secret information to him. The only requirement is that he keeps his sources a secret.

He has promised to take the secret of those identities to the grave. Probably by way of a rolled up trouser leg, and a funny handshake.

Either that lot, or, as a lot of us suspect, the man is delusional

Now we all know what has happened over the other side of the pond is unrelated to what happens over here, but in the Government and public perception they are linked, because we have had the same things happen over here, no matter how we try to distance ourselves from it we all know its another nail in the coffin of this sport. Do we as a sport try to get our act together and manage it better or let it drift along in the hope that others will give us a lot of leaway. In my book if you are a serious shooter, we want you in the sport. If you are someone who wants the kudos of owning a gun because it somehow massages your ego, yes you may get the old pump action gun out after a skinful the night before and walk out on the layout brandishing a sawnoff and a bandeloro , no we dont. we want all those wallies to either be in it or refused a licence, the day they consider it a serious pastime apply for a licence, join one of the organisations and get proper training, then we will let you play.

Dennis

I've never had proper training with a shotgun Dennis, does that mean according to you I shouldn't be allowed to shoot.

Come to think of it, did you ever had PROPER training when you started shooting ?

Because having seen your posts, and the obvious size of your ego, if it was suggested to you that you should get proper training now, before being allowed to shoot again, I can see a lot of toys getting thrown out of the pram

Now we all know what has happened over the other side of the pond is unrelated to what happens over here, but in the Government and public perception they are linked, because we have had the same things happen over here, no matter how we try to distance ourselves from it we all know its another nail in the coffin of this sport. Do we as a sport try to get our act together and manage it better or let it drift along in the hope that others will give us a lot of leaway. In my book if you are a serious shooter, we want you in the sport. If you are someone who wants the kudos of owning a gun because it somehow massages your ego, yes you may get the old pump action gun out after a skinful the night before and walk out on the layout brandishing a sawnoff and a bandeloro , no we dont. we want all those wallies to either be in it or refused a licence, the day they consider it a serious pastime apply for a licence, join one of the organisations and get proper training, then we will let you play.

Dennis

Pumps have their place. For instance, I know a fair few wildfowlers who use them due to their reliability in the wet and muddy conditions on the marsh.

Dennis

I actually use a pump because when "fowling" they tend to stand up better to the elements..........

Do you have a link to this "e-petition" ?? I ask for a second time !!!

If you are someone who wants the kudos of owning a gun because it somehow massages your ego

You change your name to Dennis. You begin to ramble, fail to answer questions, but re-iterate the same load of tripe you were peddling months ago.

You claim to have friends in high places, but are sworn to secrecy. You run the risk of being labelled just a little odd, but you don't care, because you have your own e-petition and now 4 people agree with you. In another 100 years, it may reach double figures.

I go clay shooting for fun, because that's what it is to me. I am also sober when I go and I can use whatever gun I am legally entitled to use. I don't own a pump action, but if I did, I'm glad mini-dictators have no say in me suing it if I wish. I sometimes use a semi-auto just to keep my hand in. Problem? Not had one yet.

Isn't gun ownership hard enough without supposed fellow shooters trying to make it even harder?

Good luck getting another 99,996 signatures to help your petition.

Edited by walshie

Nobody says pumps don't have a use, its just they are useless for clayshooting and should not be allowed. I ran one of the biggest websites in the sport for 5 years, i used to write for the main stream magazines, so of course i got to know everyone in this sport. I would never posted contensious issue on websites if the sport was run ok, but my sport wasn't, it had major issues ....I have done my bit to change the sport for the better, i don't think things would have changed if i hadn't .

Gordon instead of just condeming every post i make, try to come up with alternitives, be your own man. ......but then being ex plod you are trained not to think for yourself, to be self motivated, a mover and shaker......I just got planning consent on a project that will make £400,000 profit next year for me and my partner, and that was just my sideline......but like all things i have a dilema, do we buy the Vogue or a Range Rover Sport,,,dicisions dicisions....i will put that before the next board meeting....

Dennis

Dennis - you can't answer a straight question. Have pumps been banned from CPSA events or not?

I have genuine concerns about any individual, having firearms, who doesn't seem to remember making recent posts. I think that is more of a concern than the usage of pump actions.

As for your boasting:-

Just remind me what happened to the website that ran for five years?

What happened when you left the last shooting forum?

Tell me again just how much profit you expect. The figures aren't particularly impressive.

As for your vehicle choice - does this somehow make your view more important. Strikes me you feel a little insecure.

Perhaps the board meeting can discuss pump actions, or the success of your petition.

Just get someone who can spell to do the minutes. :good: :good: :good:

Nobody says pumps don't have a use, its just they are useless for clayshooting and should not be allowed. I ran one of the biggest websites in the sport for 5 years, i used to write for the main stream magazines, so of course i got to know everyone in this sport. I would never posted contensious issue on websites if the sport was run ok, but my sport wasn't, it had major issues ....I have done my bit to change the sport for the better, i don't think things would have changed if i hadn't .

Gordon instead of just condeming every post i make, try to come up with alternitives, be your own man. ......but then being ex plod you are trained not to think for yourself, to be self motivated, a mover and shaker......I just got planning consent on a project that will make £400,000 profit next year for me and my partner, and that was just my sideline......but like all things i have a dilema, do we buy the Vogue or a Range Rover Sport,,,dicisions dicisions....i will put that before the next board meeting....

Dennis

For such a 'successful' person, you couldn't sum up more than 4 votes to your petition?

Peoples, don't feed the trolls. :)

Dennis

Yep, fully agree, pumps are utterly useless for clay shooting :rolleyes: