Another idiot with a gun!

Bloke

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we all know what has happened over the other side of the pond is unrelated to what happens over here, but in the Government and public perception they are linked, because we have had the same things happen over here, no matter how we try to distance ourselves from it we all know its another nail in the coffin of this sport. Do we as a sport try to get our act together and manage it better or let it drift along in the hope that others will give us a lot of leaway. In my book if you are a serious shooter, we want you in the sport. If you are someone who wants the kudos of owning a gun because it somehow massages your ego, yes you may get the old pump action gun out after a skinful the night before and walk out on the layout brandishing a sawnoff and a bandeloro , no we dont. we want all those wallies to either be in it or refused a licence, the day they consider it a serious pastime apply for a licence, join one of the organisations and get proper training, then we will let you play.

Dennis

Lots of text, no content, nothing to respond to and previous questions completely unanswered. Same old same old then :lol:

Dennis - you can't answer a straight question. Have pumps been banned from CPSA events or not?

I have genuine concerns about any individual, having firearms, who doesn't seem to remember making recent posts. I think that is more of a concern than the usage of pump actions.

As for your boasting:-

Just remind me what happened to the website that ran for five years?

What happened when you left the last shooting forum?

Tell me again just how much profit you expect. The figures aren't particularly impressive.

As for your vehicle choice - does this somehow make your view more important. Strikes me you feel a little insecure.

Perhaps the board meeting can discuss pump actions, or the success of your petition.

Just get someone who can spell to do the minutes. :good: :good: :good:

What he said.

A grown man boasting about profits on a deal that hasn't been concluded and apparently in an attempt to gain some sort of credibility?

I felt embarrassed reading it - the same uncomfortable and embarassed feeling most people get when watching The Office or Some Mothers Do 'Ave re-runs.

Edited by Mungler

What a idiot!!!!!!!!! (Dennis)

Oh my dad drives a bigger bus than your dad

I drive A c max I must know nothing and be useless!!

God how good you are I bet Richard Branson is about to go out of business and all the other business men

Oh yea I just called the chairmen of scanska and interserve there going bust because of you Dennis

I can't stand people who are like this got money and think there it!!!

I hope there some one on here who is minted and got a lot of building work coming up if so don't give it to this fool!!!

Ill get my coat I'm a lorry driver and drive a ford how dare I get involved with this society!!! I'm a peasant

Dennis you and yes you are giving this sport a bad name and if you don't realise it by the reaction of people of here you need help!!!

Makes me laugh you like to bring up how much you earn and what expensive cars you have and brag and boast a bought it all but then you want every one to feel sorry for you about your bad time at school and overcoming your problems!!!

I know what you are an attention seeker!!!!!

There are such shallow people on this website.....Robbie when you get to 65 and you can still cut the mustard, you want to shout it from the rooftops, because its all downhill from here on in....did i mention that i won gold in the World Sporting team event this year and Gold in the Home Internationals just in case some of you missed that post, and individual Gold in the Beretta World in 2010....The possitive planning consent that lead to me making a modest amount next year involved the infamous boundary dispute that led to me being arrested, so it was really special. But that is just a sideline to my main buisness.

Gordon the website had run its course and sites such as this fill the gap anyway, I don't know any coppers that are good shots, perhaps thats why i go as a ringer sometimes in the Police events. This bitterness you have isn't good for you.

Dennis

Nobody says pumps don't have a use, its just they are useless for clayshooting and should not be allowed. I ran one of the biggest websites in the sport for 5 years, i used to write for the main stream magazines, so of course i got to know everyone in this sport. I would never posted contensious issue on websites if the sport was run ok, but my sport wasn't, it had major issues ....I have done my bit to change the sport for the better, i don't think things would have changed if i hadn't .

Gordon instead of just condeming every post i make, try to come up with alternitives, be your own man. ......but then being ex plod you are trained not to think for yourself, to be self motivated, a mover and shaker......I just got planning consent on a project that will make £400,000 profit next year for me and my partner, and that was just my sideline......but like all things i have a dilema, do we buy the Vogue or a Range Rover Sport,,,dicisions dicisions....i will put that before the next board meeting....

Dennis

I don't understand your logic whatsoever. In what way are pump actions useless for clay shooting? I have used a friend's pump action for shooting clays before, they bust clays just as effectively as any O/U or SxS. Infact using a pump action adds a more challenging slant to clay shooting. Lever action is even more challenging and immensely fun. Do you even understand the word "fun", Dennis? Not every shooter is looking compete at a serious level or win any awards. Some like me do it because its an enjoyable activity and a good way to blow off some steam and relax.

The only vaguely coherent argument i have heard so far against using pumps and autos for clay shooting, is that it is slightly more difficult to determine if they are unloaded or not. This is an extremely flimsy argument at best, and by that logic all rifles and pistols used for target shooting, should be single shot, and break barrel action, because hey, thats the best way to ensure that they are not loaded, right? BS. If you strictly adhere to safe shooting and gun handling practices, then its easy to ensure that any type of firearm is unloaded and made safe after use, and of course will always be pointing in a safe direction. Its not rocket science.

Makes me laugh you like to bring up how much you earn and what expensive cars you have and brag and boast a bought it all but then you want every one to feel sorry for you about your bad time at school and overcoming your problems!!!

I know what you are an attention seeker!!!!!

Actually it was bragging about how much money he might theoretically make, and what expensive car he may or may not theoretically buy with his theoretical money. Made me cringe reading it.

Dennis - you have let your ego get in the way of your limited intelligence. Can a self motivated, a mover and shaker (your stupid words, not mine) answer a simple question about whether pump actions are banned?

Which of your statements is true?

You might be a successful businessman, you might not, but what has that to do with your petition? Your "success" in shooting or business doesn't seem to have brought much support for the petition. Are 4 signatures the extent of your friends in both fields? It would not surprise me.

Edited by Gordon R

There are such shallow people on this website.....Robbie when you get to 65 and you can still cut the mustard, you want to shout it from the rooftops, because its all downhill from here on in....did i mention that i won gold in the World Sporting team event this year and Gold in the Home Internationals just in case some of you missed that post, and individual Gold in the Beretta World in 2010....The possitive planning consent that lead to me making a modest amount next year involved the infamous boundary dispute that led to me being arrested, so it was really special. But that is just a sideline to my main buisness.

What a modest, endearing, likeable chap.........

Now we all know what has happened over the other side of the pond is unrelated to what happens over here, but in the Government and public perception they are linked, because we have had the same things happen over here, no matter how we try to distance ourselves from it we all know its another nail in the coffin of this sport. Do we as a sport try to get our act together and manage it better or let it drift along in the hope that others will give us a lot of leaway. In my book if you are a serious shooter, we want you in the sport. If you are someone who wants the kudos of owning a gun because it somehow massages your ego, yes you may get the old pump action gun out after a skinful the night before and walk out on the layout brandishing a sawnoff and a bandeloro , no we dont. we want all those wallies to either be in it or refused a licence, the day they consider it a serious pastime apply for a licence, join one of the organisations and get proper training, then we will let you play.

Dennis

Again, you have totally failed to address any questions put to you.

Who is 'we'? The self appointed Illuminati of shooting? I'm not a serious shooter, its a hobby for me which I enjoy doing safely. So do you want to see me kicked out of the sport?

For someone who claims incredible business success, your business sense is pretty awful going on what you said about BASCs reply to my thread.

You can't even answer a basic question. Tell me, what colour is the sky? For a business man who runs a successful business I would hope you can get that right.

Boasting about how much money you are making is nothing short of childish. You strike me somewhat like Donald Trump but with less brain and brawn.

Edited by cant hit rabbits 123

Gordon the website had run its course and sites such as this fill the gap anyway, I don't know any coppers that are good shots, perhaps thats why i go as a ringer sometimes in the Police events. This bitterness you have isn't good for you.

Dennis

It worries me that anyone who has placed themselves in a position that requires them to be arrested still holds a sgc or fac

Edited by OCD

It worries me that anyone who has placed themselves in a position that requires them to be arrested still holds a sgc or fac

Not just that, someone who insists that he would make it a point to check "his team" for anyone using a pump or semi-auto and then "instruct them" in the proper methods of safety.

Tragic.

did i mention that i won gold in the World Sporting team event this year and Gold in the Home Internationals just in case some of you missed that post, and individual Gold in the Beretta World in 2010

Regardless of your achievements, you really do come across as a bitter and twisted berk!!

I'd rather miss everything I aimed at and be able to class people as friends than win golds and be universally disliked and pitied by my peers :yes:

Regardless of your achievements, you really do come across as a bitter and twisted berk!!

I'd rather miss everything I aimed at and be able to class people as friends than win golds and be universally disliked and pitied by my peers :yes:

I bet he's a great bloke to shoot with .......:....

At least the topic title is quite apt ............

Folks - I admit I have parachuted into this thread and read but the last 2 pages.

Who is Dennis ?

Whatever he is, its time you guys who shoot clays realise he's not the person you want to be associated with or even know.

He says he's a champion - he's actually tacky and third rate - no-one but no-one, is such a ***** on line or anywhere else.

Just a totally dispassionate observation.

I think Gordon if i really want to get the petition up and flying it would be fairly easy in the present circumstances, but it would draw support of the wrong kind. I went to a planning meeting this week, on the agenda was a proposal to build an Irish Travellers camp in basildon. The land was owned by basildon council and the councillors in light of all the agro at Dale Farm, granted planning consent, one member of the public asked if English Travellers could use it and one councillor retorted his remarks as almost racist. its proposed to have 15 pitches at a construction cost of £4,000,000 plus infrastrure cost of around £2,000,000 that works out around £400,000 per plot , they don't pay rates all sign on, all come from Southern Ireland and will cause havoc in the local community...What was really frightening is the english women they wheeled out to speak in support of the application, where do they find them, the angels of mercy.....If i really wanted this petition to succeed it really wouldn't be that hard to find support, these idiots are everywhere.

dennis