Decoy pattern advice ASAP

Mr Rizzini

had the pattern totally different from in the picture and had a few different patterns than in the pic that were well spaced out etc but the birds just weren't interested today.

had to get things in scale etc on a comp, I also used some of archie coats patterns but seemed the frost was to bad for them.

what would you have done vampire? (perhaps a pic will help me and others)

Thats pigeon shooting,nothing predictable and some days nothing works,at least its always good to watch them on their flight lines and its always good to be out.

What would i have done,..............watched the flight lines,then set up and missed more than i shot.

Thats pigeon shooting,nothing predictable and some days nothing works,at least its always good to watch them on their flight lines and its always good to be out.

What would i have done,..............watched the flight lines,then set up and missed more than i shot.

sounds pretty much as I done lol

I think the most important question has remained unanswered. Have the birds been feeding on the field? If they haven't been, then i'm not surprised at your lack of sport. All the decoys in the world and the best laid out pattern won't often pull birds in if they are feeding elsewhere. I take it they haven't been on there, or you (Mr R) would have had a better idea where to set up.

Also, what crop is on there?

I think the most important question has remained unanswered. Have the birds been feeding on the field? If they haven't been, then i'm not surprised at your lack of sport. All the decoys in the world and the best laid out pattern won't often pull birds in if they are feeding elsewhere. I take it they haven't been on there, or you (Mr R) would have had a better idea where to set up.

Also, what crop is on there?

its barley stubble and the field was a friends who brought me as a guest (He is new to decoying). birds have been feeding there one day then not the next then back again then away and so on! We setup where the birds are usually seen when feeding but it seems to me that pigeons cannot be predicted unless they have nowhere else to feed.

• 5 weeks later...

If your sketch is to scale then you will have your magnet about 30 yds from your hide, big mistake, it needs to be half that distance, same goes for all of you other decoy settings, bring 'em in a lot closer, and you will then be shooting birds in range, not 40 or 50 yards from your hide.

Cat. 40 or 50 yards is well within range !