Beretta silver pigeon or browning b525?

RobC1990

The best is which one ever suits you the best as they both feel different to handle. I have owned both makes and made the switch from browning to beretta a while ago as the cast was to steight for me on the browning.

You need to get to a gun shop / ground and handle a few of them, even better is if you can shoot them some grounds will let you try out s/h guns maybe for a small fee. If other shooters are shooting you may find they will let you try theirs.

rammer burt commented on me getting a cynergy against a 38 teuged or 525 but they all fit me the same come up , point and swing all as well , so when it comes down to it, i must be odd because i went for the cynergy even though the sxs brigade frown down on these, "even though

myself own a couple of nice sxs" i feel it deserves a chance after looking at the mechanics and science behind it, and as well as its good looks "in my opinion" some say there good looking some say there ugly it deserves a yr or 2 in my cabinet...,"if i could score 25/25 with a battered 25 yr old shovel i would use it" :good:

Browning, Miroku and Winchester are all part of the same group (BWM) but only the B1 and Winchester Select are made in Belgium where it all started. Comments about Berettas being more slender are perfectly true and it's all down to what you like. Try to consider resale value as you may want to trade up in the future and some guns hold their value much better than others but my biggest bit of advice is have it fitted for you - if you're going to £1k+ on a gun why skimp on £50 to have it right for you? Enjoy -whatever you choose :-)

• 1 month later...

Hi all, i have just come back to clay shooting after some 15 years away, when it come to getting my first gun, i had a good look around and i liked the Baretta 682 gold e, i thought i,d go somewhere i could try one before i bought one, i went to ian coleys where i did shoot one, also a SV10, and a Browning 725 S1 so glad i did as the 682 did not suite me, and i really had my heart set on it, but it came down to between the SV and S1,, i ended up with the Browning S1 with 30" barrels which i am very happy with, it just felt right for me. i would recomend trying before buying and have the one that suit's you, i also liked the no pressure approach at Ian Coleys,

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, i have just come back to clay shooting after some 15 years away, when it come to getting my first gun, i had a good look around and i liked the Baretta 682 gold e, i thought i,d go somewhere i could try one before i bought one, i went to ian coleys where i did shoot one, also a SV10, and a Browning 725 S1 so glad i did as the 682 did not suite me, and i really had my heart set on it, but it came down to between the SV and S1,, i ended up with the Browning S1 with 30" barrels which i am very happy with, it just felt right for me. i would recomend trying before buying and have the one that suit's you, i also liked the no pressure approach at Ian Coleys,

Perfect, try before you buy.

I had a Browning 525, didn't get on very well, changed it for a 682 gold e. Brilliant for clays & game.

Hi Rob,

I've got a 30 inch Browning 425 m/c sitting in the cabinet. You are welcome to have a go with it on Sunday just let me know and i will bring it along and you can compare it to my 682 gold e.

Cheers Jason

Just noticed you started this thread in November so you are probably sorted by now.

Edited by move-mount-miss

Browning, Miroku and Winchester are all part of the same group (BWM) but only the B1 and Winchester Select are made in Belgium where it all started.

??? Selects made in Belgium? Really? Cynergies are made in Belgium with Japanese barrels and actions IIRC. The B25 are hand made in Belgium at the custom shop.