Just the three tonight!

secretagentmole

Well it was a pleasant evening so I thought I could kill two birds with two pellets and decided to head for the woods again. Now the leaves have left the trees it is easier to see them but more difficult to get close. They were already at roost when I got down there, so trying to stalk up to them, I spooked them. Expletive uttered. I got through to the far side and stood under a roost tree, flutter, flap, flap, one landed in the tree in front. I am in plain view, so either I have turned invisible or it was blind as I was able to line up fire and obtain a kill.

I walked back to the back of the wood where I left the gun bag, dropped the pigeon off and walked back to the trio of firs, standing underneath them a pigeon came in landed and stared at the SR12, always a mistake! Fired, another one in the bag. Back to the gun bag and I dropped it off. Walked to the laurels and I saw a familiar silhouette, now the magic protection of leaves and seasonal protection have evaporated into the mist I aimed and fired. A nice cock pheasant hit the deck.

Looks like game stew tomorrow!

DSC00018.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you must take one holding your pheasant aloft in your camo gear next time because this is not allowed,,be told you naughty boy,,you can only shoot pheasants in long socks and a tweed jacket you should know that,,,,,,, and you must pay hundreds of pounds doing so,,,,,,,,mole we are going to the gallows :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You predicted it on the last thread about shooting the pheasant with an air rifle :lol:

I can't believe someone is shooting a pheasant at roost, never mind with an air rifle, but each to their own. :oops:

I'm actually surprised people let them have game rights on the land but I guess it takes all sorts, shame really with such a sporting quarry to be taken in such an unsporting way.

I'm actually surprised people let them have game rights on the land but I guess it takes all sorts, shame really with such a sporting quarry to be taken in such an unsporting way.

I'm with you on this one Alex, in fact I'd be surprised if he's even got permission to be there in the first place!

I'm with you on this one Alex, in fact I'd be surprised if he's even got permission to be there in the first place!

Here we go again, you avatar shows a rifle and load of rabbits, There is nothing sporting about shooting rabbits with a rifle thats why I got bored of doing it and give up the rifle, There is always someone wanting to rain on another persons parade when if they don't agree they should say nothing.

Here we go again, you avatar shows a rifle and load of rabbits, There is nothing sporting about shooting rabbits with a rifle thats why I got bored of doing it and give up the rifle, There is always someone wanting to rain on another persons parade when if they don't agree they should say nothing.

and there you have the difference between Game and vermin, not that I expect you to understand. Have a look at an impartial organisation like BASC their view is the same Game isn't a quarry for air gunners. And shooting them out of trees is predictable on here at the moment with the type of members we seem to have.

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/shooting/airgunning/air-rifles.cfm

and there you have the difference between Game and vermin, not that I expect you to understand. Have a look at an impartial organisation like BASC their view is the same Game isn't a quarry for air gunners. And shooting them out of trees is predictable on here at the moment with the type of members we seem to have.

http://www.basc.org..../air-rifles.cfm

I understand that there is no difference between most of us shooting a rat or a high pheasant, It's the killer instinct that has us all addicted so no point in you trying to act the role model game shooter here buddy. I hear the all important " Oh It's such a chore to kill all these vermin rabbits and pigeons" It has nothing to do with it and if hawks were on the GL they would probally be shot at to!

The lad shot a pheasant within the law and with his chosen weapon so no point everyone thinking they're the fine english gentleman here.