Just the three tonight!

secretagentmole

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have noticed big time that a good lot of people think they are some member of an elite gentleman's club just because they got a firearms certificate. It's quite embarrassing really when I hear other shooters talking **** at clay grounds etc

and since when did a FAC have anything to do with shooting pheasants?

We put a lot of time and effort into pheasants to get the sport involved, no snobbery no large costs but we have a few nice driven days a year. They are simply too good a quarry to be treated as vermin. I wouldn't expect you to understand or the OP this is as close to poaching as possible, posted mostly on the wind up to see who would bite.

We put a lot of time and effort into pheasants to get the sport involved, no snobbery no large costs but we have a few nice driven days a year. They are simply too good a quarry to be treated as vermin. I wouldn't expect you to understand or the OP this is as close to poaching as possible, posted mostly on the wind up to see who would bite.

I'm with you on this mate, in my opinion it's not the done thing at night when they have gone up to roost..but that's just my view..

Not a wind up, I shoot these, on my permissions and in the locale there is no raised game as there is patchwork field ownership. Not worth raising game when you are in one field surrounded by three others that belong to different farmers. Nobody in that area raises them, I have permission, I am allowed to shoot them, I view it as more sporting than shooting flushed birds! They have a chance to see me and fly, they are not flying in fright towards a row of carefully lined up shotguns!

Treating them as vermin or game isn't the issue for me, he's treating them as a source of meat so well done

+1 We all love shooting and IMHO as long as it's legal then goodluck to you. Seriously is driven pheasant even giving the bird a sporting chance unless its me holding the gun they are jumping out off the frying pan into the fire ;)

I phoned my local shoot and they were looking £600 each for a pheasant day, Tell me thats's not snobbery because 5-6 pheasants aren't worth £100 each

+1 We all love shooting and IMHO as long as it's legal then goodluck to you. Seriously is driven pheasant even giving the bird a sporting chance unless its me holding the gun they are jumping out off the frying pan into the fire ;)

I phoned my local shoot and they were looking £600 each for a pheasant day, Tell me thats's not snobbery because 5-6 pheasants aren't worth £100 each

What was the quote for?

Sounds a reasonable price per day to me!

Mind you some syndicates would do that per year.

I'm actually surprised people let them have game rights on the land but I guess it takes all sorts, shame really with such a sporting quarry to be taken in such an unsporting way.

Unsporting it most certainly is. Lets face it, a pheasant isn't the brightest bird, so it must take a great deal of effort to shoot one when it's sleeping.

i don't have an issue with you taking a pheasant with an air rifle as such if you have permission to take gamebirds, but shooting them at roost and then putting it on an open forum is in bad taste IMHO.

I quite agree...do you drive a transit with an orange light on and do driveways :eh:

What was the quote for?

Sounds a reasonable price per day to me!

Mind you some syndicates would do that per year.

Catch yourself on, there is no normal man that could afford and would pay £600 for one days pheasant shooting! How many of these days have you been on this year? Anybody that is paying that needs there head looked at and has more money than sense.

Catch yourself on, there is no normal man that could afford and would pay £600 for one days pheasant shooting! How many of these days have you been on this year? Anybody that is paying that needs there head looked at and has more money than sense.

there are loads of people who can afford it and far more. £600 each would equate to just short of a 200 bird day between a team of 8 guns. Its something a lot of pretty normal people treat themselves to a couple of times a year. DIY syndicates can be had a lot cheaper but not larger days, and lets face it no shoot could afford to put down birds have a keeper pay all the overheads without the costs being fairly high.

there are loads of people who can afford it and far more. £600 each

your talking total utter tosh,,£600 for a days pheasant shooting and more as you quoted,,well you pay that,i,ll carry on doing what i do and its free,,and yes i also have permission to shoot game with an air rifle,,on two permissions,,infact one farmer prefers me to do it this was as he doesn,t have to spit shot out when eating it

i seriously dont know what planet your from but i dont know anyone(except for declan off emmerdale) who would even want to pay that much for a days shooting,,but if people are filthy rich then thats up to them

trying to keep up with the jones,s thats not me,i pay what i can afford and if i cant afford it then i dont pay,,not everyone on here has pockets lined with money to waste,,i would rather pay my mortgage and bills than to try and be a big flash wig in tweeds

read the threads on here,,everyone is complaining about the price of carts,,why ??? cos we are not rolling in money

If that was the case there wouldn't be a keeper in the country with a job, an there are quite a lot about. I know on the estate I beat on there are let days that some of the beaters go on, none really well off but it's a pretty special day if expensive. Where you have to be really loaded is if you do those days 3-5 times a week through the season, I know people who do and it's mega money to spend on a hobby but if you've got it you can't take it with you.

Not a wind up, I shoot these, on my permissions and in the locale there is no raised game as there is patchwork field ownership. Not worth raising game when you are in one field surrounded by three others that belong to different farmers. Nobody in that area raises them, I have permission, I am allowed to shoot them, I view it as more sporting than shooting flushed birds! They have a chance to see me and fly, they are not flying in fright towards a row of carefully lined up shotguns!

theres some rubbish posted on here at times it beggars belief so you think shooting a stationary target is more sporting than a moving target....

try shooting at 100 clays or pigeon in flight then try shooting 100 on the floor completley still then compare your score

you must take one holding your pheasant aloft in your camo gear next time because this is not allowed,,be told you naughty boy,,you can only shoot pheasants in long socks and a tweed jacket you should know that,,,,,,, and you must pay hundreds of pounds doing so,,,,,,,,mole we are going to the gallows :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And don't forget the tossles on ya socks!

theres some rubbish posted on here at times it beggars belief so you think shooting a stationary target is more sporting than a moving target....

try shooting at 100 clays or pigeon in flight then try shooting 100 on the floor completley still then compare your score

trying hitting the clay or pigeon with a single pellet to the head with your shotgun, I bet us shotgun guys have more runners than the airgunner.