06 l200 animal

dobbin66

Ok if you mean the first of the new shape they are a decent motor they have the newer engine than the shogun sport which is more economical, like everything lots depends what kind of life its had, a mate has had his for 3 years now loves it and the only issues have been the recall on the U bolts which was done for him under warranty. I'm on my second old shape and they have been good trucks for the use they get ideal on shoot days when its usually got 4 inside and as many dogs and beaters as will go in the back. The main plus point with the newer shape is they are higher geared so far more comfortable on the motorway. You'll get people recommending you buy a hilux instead but then you look and the equivalent ones are nearly twice the price which to me makes it a no brainer.

ive got a 06 l200 warrior and its great its been offroad loads........just check the animal has centre diff locks as one i road tested didnt and it had 17" wheels which you will find hard to get offroad tyres for.

My warrior is on 18's. You want to try sourcing decent tyres for that! Just ordered a set of GG AT's for it. Mine has traction control and difflock fitted. Drives very well, great on juice, handy offroad when fetching logs in. If we need to go to some areas of the farm where it's as rough as chuff and wet we use the little vitara due to not being fussed about damaging it.

Only downside I find is there are no blanks on the dash anywhere to fit extra switches. It's a commercial vehicle and a lot end up having lights and other stuff on but you have to drill the dash to fit a switch.

oh and road tax is cheap on the earlier Euro 4 engined new shape ones. £125 a year for mine. Insurance isn't the best on them mind so do check.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...