Just back from Rotterdam!

Lord Geordie

Had a Fab time. Just a mini cruise really but had so much fun.Took the GF with me did the whole shebang onboard! All meals and evening onboard with live music and drinks flowing.

I found the ferries idea of a pint a tad skimpy

2012-11-27_09_28_07.jpg

So I decided to look about for a MANLY pint!

Now THIS is a MANS pint glass :lol: :lol: :lol:

2012-11-27_09_26_41.jpg

We had around 7 hours in Rotterdam and had a good look through the Market there! It's well worth a rummage in the Junk stalls but try and haggle the prices down! There was the chance of what looked to be old tin plate toys, but I was very suspicious of them as they looked reproduction chinese copies.

We hit the weather just right as it was a nice dry day! A bit chilly but nice non the less. The locals were all very friendly and took the time to make us feel very welcome. Of course the GF found lots of little friends in the primary school kids :rolleyes: took up near 2 hours as She loves kids!

There is a Church clock tower that uses loads of bells to play classical and folk music! I was gobsmacked when I heard it. The first time I heard it I was sure it was the Sugar plum fairy being played!

I managed to get a sihloette photo of a bell tower but there is a crane behind so it wasn't a perfect pic :no:

2012-11-27_10_11_50.jpg

I took her to a Japanese restaraunt for Lunch €42 for Sushi, udon noodles, yakitori chicken etc. Basically eat till you bust! We paid for 6 courses and had to stop on the 4th. People were complaining telling us we should have it as we have paid?

I told them its ridiculous to allow people to cook food we weren't going to eat, simply because we had paid for it! Hardly seemed a sensible thing to do!

There was Sooooo much to do and we are going to book up again and try to take in more next time. We have done the Amsterdam trip also but I prefered this trip to.Rotterdam. We are thinking of Brugge too perhaps early next year and then the Norweigan Fjords later in the year as our big holiday?

Anyine else been to Rotterdam? Is there anywhere more we should take a look at?

Thanks

Edited by Lord Geordie

Glad you enjoyed your trip Lord Geordie, give Auntie a shout she will know being a ex travel agent.

Worked there years ago at Rotterdam Zoo on the Oceanarium doing the pipework.

The Zoo is worth a look, but most places I saw were complete @@@@ holes.

Bruges is supposed to be the best place to go for a short trip.

Figgy

Bruges is fabaluslus,me n mrs boss had a week there 2 years ago took the pushbikes loads of bonsa places to see n eat.u must find the pub with the lager bible.hundreds of different beers to try and all in stock :yay: :yay: .but u can drink your fill 9%kwack is something else :sick: