Meet up at a shooting range ??

mad1

Down in the south the best deals are by joining the NRA at Bisley and becoming a FREE member of the NRSC (NRA Shooting Club) people already come from miles and AT LAST the NRA are taking ownership of the sport that they effectively run and have control of in this country. Its still not perfect, these things take time to develop but I am sure it is the future.

If you are any kind of shooter, join and if its not exactly what you want, push the buttons and make it happen. they are open to change but to an extent they are being dragged by the pubes into the 21st century. But they are getting there. In the summer you can camp on the site, drink and eat in the clubhouses. Its so much more than just a place to bang off a few rounds. If you want a cheap trip to London its only a few stops on the train to Waterloo. Its a brilliant place.

http://www.nra.org.uk/

Edited by Vince Green

At my local club, all you do is ring the contact No on the website. They will agree a day for you to meet them there, with at least 2 members of the club present (club rule). You sign a Section 21 disclaimer and are allowed to shoot club gun under supervision if you don't have an FAC, or your own gun under supervision by arrangement if you do. It is nothing personal, you may be an excellent shooter in the field, but that does not guarantee you are familiar with range procedure. The one day visitors fee is £5 (+any club ammo you use). You can make 2 visits only in one club year, unless you then apply for membership, which includes Police background check for non-FAC holders. Probationary period is minimum 3 months, as per Home Office guidance, unless the " already FAC holder/Police/Armed Forces, etc" exemptions apply to you. While you are undergoing probation, you can shoot the club gun(s) under supervision, and other members will often give you the chance to shoot a few rounds from their own guns. When the club is satisfied you are proficient enough (mainly safety rules and firearm handling) they will agree to full membership, inform the FEO, who will then usually process your FAC application. That's about it, I haven't put every bell, whistle and footnote down, would take too long, so don't shoot me for the trivia.. New members always welcome and encouraged.

hi all.. Is it possible to either hire or pay to use time at a range if you are not a member of the gun club ?? Reason being would this not be a good way to introduce others into fac rifles etc ??

Just wondered if this has been done before ???

The Mayfair Shooting Centre in Sunderland has open days every first Saturday of the month where members can bring non-certificate holders as guests, which is the closest i've come across to what you're after in this country. Non-mmeber certificate holders can also shoot at the range for a walk-on fee of £5 (IIRC), but non-members can't take guests if you know what i mean

Edited by Breastman