weihrauach hw100

spanielman

• 3 weeks later...

I have always thought that Airgunner was a bit too nice to all the manufacturers myself, example, I read in an article about a certain rifle that someone was reviewing, it started like this: "The lads at so and so couldnt be any more helpful they sorted me with spare magazines and buddy bottles, blah blah blah, rifle was doing one holers, superb stock, no wonder this rifle won airgun of the millenium......." You get the picture anyway.

Well a guy I know bought one of these rifles and something went wrong with it, so he took it to the agent he got it from who in turn phoned the company to tell them and order the part, the reply he got was " How could one of YOUR customers be so stupid as to break one of our rifles?" What? no spare magazine/ buddy bottle for a customer who PAYED £800 for one of your rifles?

Because it was a genuine fault with the manufacture of the rifle, that particular gun dealer refuses to deal with the company any more, some people I have told about this cant believe it, while others have told me that they got the same treatment (different scenario)

That made my mind up as to the majority of the airgun press, instead I glean info from the real airgun users on these forums, ignore what Airgunner says about anything mate, ask people who really do use the guns.

HW100

Superb engineering and decent finish. Silencer not overly great. I don't like the sidelever cocking. It's great on a single shot Steyr but for a multi where the whole point is a fast second shot it's very cumbersome. A std bolt is way quicker. A number of folk have had trouble getting a pellet to match the barrel on these too. Stock wood quality varies from just ok down to lolipop stick.

• 2 weeks later...

im thinking of getting 1 but i h8 the idea of the silencer being bonded to the barrel. :< Because you cant replace it with a more efficient 1 on the barrel the silencer is supposed to muffle the signiture of the pellet leaving the barrel so your quarry shouldnt pick up on it but i have heard that its the only real problem with the rifle. :lol: I like the idea of the side lever not being able to re-chamber a pellet in the chamber of the rifle after its been ed un like some bolt action multi shot air rifles that can be mentioned cough air arms s410 cough ??? and the fact that this rifle has a resetable saftey catch un like some makes of air rifles cough air arms cough :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a simular problem with Air Arms 'customer service manager'

I had brought a s410. Read the instructions and was unable to get the magazine into the chamber.

I phoned the shop where I had brought it, who said I was doing it correctly, and there must be a fault. Best I phone Air Arms direct.

After a conversation with the receptionist (who was unwilling to help or pass my call to someone who could) I managed to speak to the "TOP TECHNICAL GUY" Who could not remember how it went together.

After a further 10 mins, where I was basicly giving him suggestions I was told:-

I HAVEN'T GOT TIME TO WASTE ON YOU - THERE IS **** ALL WRONG WITH THE GUN, IT'S JUST YOU

I then said - get a taxi down to Kent and see for yourself, If your right I'll pay the fee, if I'm right I want another gun free, and compensation of some sort...........

..... he hung up

when I got home I stripped the gun myself and found the barrell was set to far back in the reciver, adjusted the barrell - job done

Airgunner will tell you how helpfull Air Airs are - don't belive it.... :yp: :):D

A bloke who is a top gunsmith who is also a member of my gun club had a HW100

on test yesterday.

Unfortunatley it was a .22 but other than that it looks better in the flesh than in photos.

It shoots good and is extremely well made.

The silencer is **** though.

And it's a lot of cash.

Id rather have a daystate!