Someone Having A Laugh?

GRamsay

Found a bit more. The consultation proposal was actually:

III. Addition of robin, house sparrow, blackbird and swallow nests to General Licence 3 (to kill or take certain birds for preserving public health and safety). This follows numerous individual applications made by supermarkets and pest control companies where individual birds have entered food shops and food preparation facilities and they are posing a threat to public health.

- and here is the outcome.

I can't believe that BBC article - it just doesn't seem right. I'm wondering if the reporter misheard / or mistyped robin instead of raven?

taken from here

"

Main decisions and changes for 2013

Licences will be presented in a new format to improve clarity.

Ruddy duck will be added to General Licence 1.

Canada goose will be added to General Licences 1-3.

A new General Licence will be created permitting the catching-up of red

grouse using nets or lamps to allow the administration of medication.

Traps permitted under General Licences 1–4 will be clarified, including

authorisation to use ‘clam’-type traps and ‘by hand’ will be added as a method

of killing or taking birds.

The definition of an ‘authorised person’ will be simplified and made consistent.

We will not add robins and other small passerine species of birds to General

Licence 3."

Licence 3 is for "

LICENCE TO PROTECT PUBLIC HEALTH, PUBLIC SAFETY AND PREVENT THE

SPREAD OF DISEASE

"

Edited by Davy Holt

• 8 years later...

I like some of these old posts , not the .177 or .22 debate , or , how far can you shoot a .22lr I'll admit  , but a lot of the old threads are interesting because of how things have changed , just in the time that pw has been up and running.  I was originally member number 60 on pw , and it was mainly just filled with guys that spent a lot of time in the field , and had massive amounts of knowledge,  that they were only too happy to share . You would hardly ever see any kind of disagreement,  as members were polite to each other (one of the big changes on pw , and society in general) .  Pw has been running for half a generation now,  and in that time , shooting has changed , pw members have changed , and attitudes towards fieldsports have changed .

Could you imagine even thinking that Robins might be put onto the general licence these days 😲😲😲.

Pretty much with above. The usual is a question and somebody will say Google it, which often brings you back to something that's been asked previous on here or a different forum, so they ask, or join in and get promptly shot down by the time police. 

I often read the older stuff on here as I wasn't a member back then, and i often could ask or join in, but for the ridicule of 'post from 12 years ago Bla Bla bla' stops a lot. 

Some of the old members were very knowledgeable and great writers, a pure pleasure to read. The old guard who were out in the field and marshes of the golden years of our sport are getting on and shuffling off. 

Others very very funny, remember Ack Ack and ME, Barnsley Dave the door kicker 😂

Edited by figgy