2nd shotgun

eastlincs

Hi, I had my first shooting lesson today and while i was there my Mrs decided to have ago and surprisingly she liked it. Just wondered if i was to buy a second gun on my license but fitted for her so it was basically hers but mine on the licence if that makes sense, it would be legal wouldn't it? Obviously id be there when she used it going to the clay grounds and kept in my cabinet etc...Im pretty sure its fine as it would just be a second gun on my license but just wanted to check? thanks

It isn't a problem. If you are at a clay ground operating under the exemption that allows the police to certify it is being a place where people who do not hold certificates can shoot then she can use anyones gun with permission anyway. Obviously, she couldn't take it anywhere on her own.

Why doesn't she get her own SGC? Might be easier in the long run and another SGC on issue is always good for shooting in general.

J.

If your wife is planning on getting her own shotgun license, then It makes sense to put all your shotguns, regardless of how many you buy, collectively, on both your licenses - that way if either of you need to travel alone with them (e.g. if you ask her to meet you at a shoot and bring the guns with her), then if she or you are ever stopped by the cops in transit, then there will be no problem as you're both registered owners of the guns. If she gets her own shotgun license too, then you're both entitled to "know where the keys to the gun safe" are.

Regards having guns on both your tickets, access to guns in cabinets, etc :

...oh, and the only reason I know this is because it is the situation for myself and Mrs P

Your wife, husband, etc having access to your shotguns, when they have their own SGC is not an issue. Ask your FEO, but in North Wales they have the attitude that they assume, if you are sharing a gun safe, then you are happy for the other person to use the guns on your ticket. That is what we were told on the visit when she was applying for SGC. My guns do not have to go on her ticket, and hers do not have to go on mine.

In any event, you can lend another SGC holder your gun for up to 72 hours without needing to notify.

Further, if you were stopped by police with both your and your partners guns in the car, on the way to meet up, it could easily be verified that the gun in your possession that was not on your ticket belonged to your spouse, and the 72 hour rule would kick in again.

Your wife, husband, etc having access to your shotguns, when they have their own SGC is not an issue. Ask your FEO, but in North Wales they have the attitude that they assume, if you are sharing a gun safe, then you are happy for the other person to use the guns on your ticket. That is what we were told on the visit when she was applying for SGC. My guns do not have to go on her ticket, and hers do not have to go on mine.

Same for me and the Mrs.

I can't afford to be buying another beretta lol. Have a look at s/h lanbers I think.

Glad you had a good time.Did you try the bacon butties?

No didn't get there til one was only there a hour had to be home for 4 so couldn't hang about or would of stayed the rest of the day lol. Got on better than I though I would of though on the way there i was sayig I hope I hit at least one lol Suprised myself