some local clay shoots info around the Bristol area

Spaniel

Just found some score cards with clay shoot contact numbers etc.

So thought i would update them here, just incase anyone was looking for somewhere to go.

Hopefully contact numbers still valid and obviously layouts are all different.

The Valley shooting ground on the A420 Chippenham rd, basically Shoe village, turn right at the old shoe pub,which is now a house, it should be sigh posted from Shoe, every other Sunday, think its on this Sunday

Contact Pete on 07808586844

Mill Farm Siston Common Bristol shoots alternative Sundays to the Valley.

Gordon/Neil 07830358720/07817806268

Keepers Lodge Llanishen Chepstow. NP166QQ..(Which I like going to)

01600 860680/07854455665 alternative Sundays, Turn left at Chepstow racecoarse and keep going through the lanes, it will be on the RHS.

Mork Clay Shooting Club Stowe Rd St Briavels Lydney Glos 01594 530102 (another I like going to) also alternative sundays to Keepers Lodge.Straight across at the Chepstow racecoarse, passed Tintern Abbey, nice little Boot sale on at the same time, over a one way traffic bridge and turn Right on the bend and travel up the hill, it will then be on your LHS.

Anyway hope this helps

Spaniel

Here are a few. There is a site called "Where to Shoot" - might be useful

The South West ~ Avon

Huntingford Sporting Clays

Middle Huntingford Farm Middle Huntingford nr Huntingford Mill Charfield

Gloucestershire

Tel : 01454 325 349

- no website to date - Disciplines : ESP

Lady's Wood SC

Mapleridge Lane Horton Chipping Sodbury- look for The High Tower -

Tel : 01454 294 546

Littleton Clays

Oak Hill Lane Hallen Avon

Tel : 01454 417 722

email : brian.pearce@omegaland.net Disciplines : ESP

West Country SC

West Country Water Sports Trench Lane Winterbourne Bristol

Tel : 01454 773 599

Weston Lodge SG

Valley Road Portishead North Somerset

Tel : 01275 842 225

Wrington Hill SG & Blackwell Claybusters

Reeves Farm Long Lane Backwell Avon

Tel : 01179 521 200

- no website to date - Disciplines : ESK, DTL, ESP

Yate & District GC Tel : 01179 697 152

- no website to date -

FARLEIGH WOOD LTD

AFFILIATED

01373 831495

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MONUMENT SPORTING GUN CLUB

AFFILIATED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stockwood Vale Gun Club

Affiliated

0117 957 0376 email us

WESTON LODGE SHOOTING GROUND

AFFILIATED

01275 842225

YATE & DISTRICT GUN CLUB

AFFILIATED

01179 697152

Good luck.

Gordon,

I think that website is well out of date, I rang the one at the waterpark four years ago, to be told that they stopped three years before that !!!

Spaniel - glad to see that the valley is still going, great place to shoot, they used to put on some really testing stands down there. I agree with the comments you have made before about siston (I think it was you anyway). Could you tell me which weekends are Mork and Keeers Lodge please?

cheers

Ian

Hi

Working it out I think it is Mork on Sunday 8th Oct followed by Keepers 15th Oct, then it will follow the same each week. Hope I worked the dates out correctly.

Siston and the Valley are OK, and on the doorstep, there is also a Shoot on the top of Tog Hill, RHS

Cheers

Spaniel

Thanks for that, I'll have to pop over and give them a try one weekend, just a shame about having to pay for the bridge as well !!!!! I may have to give Siston another go, I hope that it has changed hand and/or improved since the last time I went.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had a good one at the Keepers Lodge today, managed to hit 33 out of 50, now thats my best ever, plus I straightened by first ever stand with a 8/8 on a high raising looper....

But just to prove it was not all good, I completely missed all 8 clays on the Left to Right High and Low crosser...Cant win them all :)

Think the next shoot will be on the 25th Oct down at the Clay Cafe Weymouth Rd....cant wait, might even get the new gun also..

Spaniel

In the last 12 months I've been to the Backwell and Cleeve Hill shoots, both off the A370 on alternate Sundays. Good value and good birds. Friendly little shoots and a nice place to go with a few mates.

Huntingford used to be OK but this is a couple of years ago.

There's a small club at Horton (north of Chipping Sodbury off the A46) which I have yet to try..it's a lot closer to home, so, one day.... !

Finding the time to get out on clays as well as after the bunnies is a real challenge for me at the moment.