Dorset police are tops.

dr_nick

I had a mistake on my certificate, .32 black powder pistol (no idea where .32 came from) so I sent it in to get it increased to .44. I fully expected to have to wait a month or so.

It came back 3 days later with an appology! :good:

Now I just have to wait on my black powder license which might get knocked back ( I asked to store 12kg which I have been told is rather a lot :lol: )

:lol:

12kg? jeeez thats enough to blow a building :good:

Good luck, have fun with it. Is this your first BP variation?

Yes and I am a little excited, a bit more fun than the .22 rim fire.

12kg is a lot, though its hard to get around here, it means a fairly long round trip. Even so thats 24 containers, (I thought they were 1kg not 1lb. :good: )

I had a mistake on my certificate, .32 black powder pistol (no idea where .32 came from) so I sent it in to get it increased to .44. I fully expected to have to wait a month or so.

It came back 3 days later with an appology! :good:

Now I just have to wait on my black powder license which might get knocked back ( I asked to store 12kg which I have been told is rather a lot :good: )

:good:

yes I agree - I have always found Dorset FEOs to be very helpful and accomodating - and there are'nt many of them to cover the number of shooters in the county. They get my vote!

B

:good:

BP - 12kg is a lot and I thought the guideline was 13lb then they wanted special storage facilities (not the wooden box APU). Though that may have been 13kg and I'm having a senior moment.

12kg will last you an age and I'm sure Christchurch sell BP? My last 1kg (before the reduction to 0.5kg containers) is just about to be replaced after 5 years. But admittidly I don't shoot the .44 that much and most is used to fill .45 Colt carts :good:

I guess you have the necessary storage in hand to keep the FEO happy?

Paul