Shooting hatch

Night blaster

After many hours of head scratching I finally grew some and cut the whole in the roof, and finished installing my shooting hatch in my mk2 Pajero.

Hasn't leaked yet so hopefully it has sealed ok.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y531/jonnyhilton/3da2e36da6815511799adc50773afb70_zpsc34e3787.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y531/jonnyhilton/c0154648c05eea26c5df2ec017ad7021_zps63a930ef.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y531/jonnyhilton/cb94c76a6c1f8bf6ae7992f92ac399cb_zps78b06c0e.jpg

All I need to do not is install a secondary wiring loom and a split charging system.

Anyone know anything about split charge circuits, there are two batteries already on the vehicle, but not sure if a third will be needed for the separate circuit? And anyone got any tips how to wire up, I have googled and it doesn't seem to technical.

Cheers

NB

Sitting out- yes - but just driving around lamping??? normally I just turn the vehicle to suit or open the other window! for sitting out it depends on the vehicle but cars like Disco 3's, Hilux, L200 with a drop down tailgate make a good 360° platform as you stand on the tailgate and use the roof as the shooting platform...

I was more thinking of the broken ribs when stood up through the hatch as I have seen us "enthusiastically" driving across fields and finding hidden holes! :oops:

Edited by gixer1

I reckon you would be surprised, my L200 is good with seats on the back but once you've stopped if they run round the wind on you then finding a rest becomes an issue. Compared to a hatch its good but its easy to come unstuck it is different driving arround but I keep thinking I must build a box with seats in for the back to give a 360 degree shooting platform, I'm cursing binning some swivel office chairs as they would have been ideal

Can you not just shoot out the window? (just asking) :hmm:

The land we lamp over is set up for partridge shooting so hedges are left to grow high on stewardship schemes. Standing up just gives us enough to see over/ shoot over hedges and also helps with back stop (shooting down at quarry). Works for us anyway.

As for broken ribs, everyone soon learns the technique not to get bashed. It does bl***y hurt the first time it gets you though.

I see you went for the 'suicide' hatch... Best not drive to fast with it open!

I have just done a full size hatch in our isuzu trooper and installed a split charge system with 2 auxillary batteries.

Aux batteries and split charger are mounted behind the front seats in the floor hollow, they only supply the roof mounted lights and power sockets

It is now impossible to drain the main battery... Split charge was about £60 from local battery shop

Will post some pics tommorow

I see you went for the 'suicide' hatch... Best not drive to fast with it open!

I have just done a full size hatch in our isuzu trooper and installed a split charge system with 2 auxillary batteries.

Aux batteries and split charger are mounted behind the front seats in the floor hollow, they only supply the roof mounted lights and power sockets

It is now impossible to drain the main battery... Split charge was about £60 from local battery shop

Will post some pics tommorow

I don't think "driving to fast" and "Pajero" go in the same sentence!

If you could post any info, pictures, wiring diagrams it would be appreciated