9 bird roast

bigadam

I did a five bird one year, and a seven bird the next. I properly boned out each bird, including the legs. Then put each bird in another. The 5 bird i did on christmas eve, it took me all day. The next year, i started on some the day before. It is VERY tedious though. In future i will just cut the meat of and stuff it all inside the largest bird and bone that lol. It didnt slice neatly, so we ended up carving a load of into a seperate dish and serving from that, so i figure there is no need to do it neatly. There is sooo much meat though, i reckon it could have easily fed 15 people!

I did a five bird one year, and a seven bird the next. I properly boned out each bird, including the legs. Then put each bird in another. The 5 bird i did on christmas eve, it took me all day. The next year, i started on some the day before. It is VERY tedious though. In future i will just cut the meat of and stuff it all inside the largest bird and bone that lol. It didnt slice neatly, so we ended up carving a load of into a seperate dish and serving from that, so i figure there is no need to do it neatly. There is sooo much meat though, i reckon it could have easily fed 15 people!

Got a four bird roast from Aldi, Just waiting for swiss toni to fetch me some yorkshire puddings round?

I've found the least painful way to do these is to bone the birds out as you get them. Then stick them in the freezer boned out and cross your fingers that you get the next one you need for the roast before christmas. It makes putting it together on christmas eve a whole lot easier.

The first time I did a multi-bird roast I boned them all out. It was good but I didn't like the skin in between the birds. Next time, I'll cheat and just de-bone the main bird, then stuff it with skinned breasts and layer in sauces / stuffing. The yanks seem to be big on Turducken - Turkey / Duck / Chicken.

The first time I did a multi-bird roast I boned them all out. It was good but I didn't like the skin in between the birds. Next time, I'll cheat and just de-bone the main bird, then stuff it with skinned breasts and layer in sauces / stuffing. The yanks seem to be big on Turducken - Turkey / Duck / Chicken.

you need to skin them too, except the outside bird.

you need to skin them too, except the outside bird.

Yeah, and that's why I thought I might as well just use skinned breasts instead. No matter what way, it's always a fair bit of work involved. I'm not very good at planning ahead either, so when it got to the point I had to stitch up the back I realised I didn't really have anything. Ended up with cocktail stick skewers pinning the skin together. Worked OK though!