Pheasant advice

bullet1747

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I'd be a tad more concerned about the mirror than the Pheasant. Sounds to me like you are not very safe with a rifle!

You don't know me to say I'm not safe ,I've shot more rounds than Rambo and was trained to the highest STD ,we ALL make mistakes and I'm the first to hold my hand up when I do ,so be fore you comment on the way I shoot please get ya facts straight,

Perhaps its time for a few to actually read up on what can be shot and what can't, and when they can be shot. Obviously any form of ettiquette is out of the window to many on this forum but its showing shooting in a pretty bad light, people having no idea what they are doing. Gamefarm is entirely right shooting parts of your motor indicates you are not safe and don't know what you are doing, add to that not knowing what your conditions mean shows you need to learn more before you either have an accident or get caught. BASC has lots on their website to give an idea its best to ignore idiots on here shooting pheasants with .243's etc as they are not indicative of the shooting community as a whole.

http://www.basc.org.uk//en/departments/game-and-gamekeeping/game-shooting/shooting-seasons.cfm

Etiquette is for game shoots alex. Just tell me alex, what's wrong with shooting a pheasant with a .243?

game farms comment is nonsense.

Flash burns on bonnet. Bullet holes in others barrels. Holes thru the car roof. **** happens.

As far as I can gather he's ex armed forces, abit more training the the average cert holder.

It was you alex who was shooting towards a barn and hearing the shot rattle back when it hit the barn.

All the arguing you do alex you will snap one day.

Indeed a barn entirely full of straw, so a perfect secondary backstop when it was a .22lr shot downward onto pasture from 100 yards away. You actually couldn't find any dents but that is by the by

really I couldn't care if you think its fine blowing up pheasants but as a whole it highlights your attitude to shooting and that isn't great, and certainly anybody looking in on a shooting community its a particularly bad example to be making. Ok you may not value them as a game bird but that is what they are, they aren't vermin they aren't ground game and I'd love to know what condition you have that covers using your .243 on them.

As for being ex armed forces so qualified to shoot his own vehicle well we all know they are hardly exempt from having accidents but safe use is what its all about.

All lawful quarry. I reckon that should cover it. Blowing it up! Really. It went into the slow cooker.

I used to read your posts. But its clear to me that you actually just waffle on about the same **** all the time. You don't seem good at shooting either.

But keep murdering the poor pheasants been driven over a team of guns. Great sport.

I had heard that in reality you were a bit of a tool but I reckon you've just confirmed things. My shooting ability I'll leave to those that know me and shoot with me as I have nothing to proove you only posted the pheasant incident to start a discussion, the facts here are simple. Gamefarm was entirely right in his observation there isn't much else to say

You don't know me to say Im not safe,I've shot more rounds than Rambo and was trained to the highest STD ,we ALL make mistakes and I'm the first to hold my hand up when I do ,so be fore you comment on the way I shoot please get ya facts straight,

Why am I not surprised that Rambo is used as an example!!!! Just about says the lot! Was it he, by any chance, who trained you to the highest standard?? And the facts as you tell them are, that you shot your wing mirror with a firearm, whilst transgressing the conditions imposed on your ticket. Cant get any straighter, can they?

Personally, had I shot a part of my vehicle, I would have been too ashamed and embarrassed to go publishing the fact on here as if it was something amusing or excusable. I would be more concerned with reviewing my BASIC training. Just some more possible questions on this............Presumably said headshot Pheasant stood about 18inches tall? Presumably you use the vehicle as a rest to take your shot? With the average vehicle being under 4 feet from ground to wing mirror height, this gives a drop of 2.5 feet for the bullet over what.......40yards? Almost a flat trajectory really. Given the rimfires propensity to ricochet, and that a Pheasants head is not going to slow the bullet much, presumably said Pheasant was standing against a brick wall as a backstop?

I am right beside al4x on this one - his post above (on last page now, my typing is a bit slow, although I am highly trained :D ) is only too accurate.

Edited by Gamefarm

Flash burns on bonnet. Bullet holes in others barrels. Holes thru the car roof. **** happens.

Oh my sweet Jesus! If that isn't good reason for a ban on holding a firearm, then I don't know what is! Will you be as blase when you can add ' bullet hole through the drivers upper chest' to your list of S****** Happens?

I'd have to say etiquette pretty much covers what you do in life....not sure as to why you would shoot a pheasant with a 243? it's not really a challenging target and it just seems a waste of a round...

And being in the forces doesn't necessarily mean you know any more about firearms than "gamekeeper bob" or are any safer, I have a lot of respect for the forces guys but have also met as many trumpet's that are squaddies or ex-squaddies as i have in any other walk of life....

the guy made an error - he accepted this and took it on the chin - others then started the "why not shoot a pheasant" and "groundgame" argument - and seem sour becase they are wrong - the law is pretty clear on this, why argue with it? most who have firearms certs also have shotgun certs so are equipped with the necessary tools to shoot pheasents legally.

regards,

Gixer