Bresser N.V

bagem

Are you talking about the Lidl one? The reason I ask is that it would be very hard to set it up due to the fact that you need to constantly adjust the front lense and rear lense focus system to get the optimum picture. I , IMHO do not think that they are worth mucking about in such a way. The one that I got will be used for spotting up to aout 80 meters max in the field but I think it will get more use doing the same job but inside barns, clearing Pigeons and Rats.

Are you talking about the Lidl one? The reason I ask is that it would be very hard to set it up due to the fact that you need to constantly adjust the front lense and rear lense focus system to get the optimum picture. I , IMHO do not think that they are worth mucking about in such a way. The one that I got will be used for spotting up to aout 80 meters max in the field but I think it will get more use doing the same job but inside barns, clearing Pigeons and Rats.

Hi blunderbust ..

Yes it is the lidl Bresser ,,just seems a shame it can't be used in conjuction with a scope ,,there has been a lot of hype about this unit ,but has anyone got one working as an add on ??/cheers

To be fair on the unit, even those types sold as add-ons like the Cobra Merlin need fiddling with both front and rear focus when you first put them on the scope. I also have a Yukon that needs the same fiddling. Once they're in place and set up they stay that way until next time you fit them on.

Here's a couple of pictures of a mounted add-on, you might get an idea of what to make from them. ( This setup has a white delrin extender that you won't need, but it's the best pic I have showing the way the adapter clamps both the scope and the NV )

DSCN0931.jpg

Merlin_adapter_jpg.jpg

To be fair on the unit, even those types sold as add-ons like the Cobra Merlin need fiddling with both front and rear focus when you first put them on the scope. I also have a Yukon that needs the same fiddling. Once they're in place and set up they stay that way until next time you fit them on.

Here's a couple of pictures of a mounted add-on, you might get an idea of what to make from them. ( This setup has a white delrin extender that you won't need, but it's the best pic I have showing the way the adapter clamps both the scope and the NV )

DSCN0931.jpg

Merlin_adapter_jpg.jpg

Nice one .catweazle ....thanks

where did you get the mount from? did you attach the yukon 1x24 eyepeice?

cheers

Are you referring to the mount in the photo I posted ? If so, it came with the Merlin. However, I do have a Yukon with a similar mount, but instead of there being a round clamp for the monocular it has a rail that attaches to the bottom of the Yukon.

I'm sorry it's all packed away at the moment ( I'm in the last stages of a long house move ), but I will probably stumble across it mid January and can post some pics then.

the bresser is too high mag for an add on

You can put a yukon 24mm lens on it to bring it down to 1.7x mag which is useable but sight picture is small

I am working on a smaller lens to get the correct eye relief to sight picture ratio but there is a lot of trial and error

Alternatively you could opt for the Bresser as your main optic with a laser sight for the aiming point. Fine for rabbit ranges.

On my weaver rail I have the Bresser, a 5mw IR light and a low power laser for the targeting. Inspired by this writeup on Shootforum http://www.shootforu...hp?f=19&t=20387

:good:

Ahh yes! The Bresser is stil working well - I've been using mine for over a year now with no problems, Here's the rifle it's mounted on.

th_nv2-1.jpg

Hi all .....i know there has been a lot of discussion about this ...but can somebody please tell me /show me how to use the bresser nv with a scope /please ..thanks

hi there you will need a DSA you can buy one for about £90 or you should be able to make a simple but ugly DSA

using some PVC pipe and jubilee clips to make a dsa for about £10

but as the Bresser is 5x50 so you will need a x1 (or x1.7?) Yukon type objective lens for £29

this conversion works really well, and with the right illumination you will see 200 yards plus.

Edited by ant.mass