gamebore pigeon extreme

some one just watch Fieldsports Britain :good:

indeed there is no finer demonstration that if they aren't working its nothing to do with the cartridges its the fact you are pointing them in the wrong place. Nice clouds of feathers and clean kills at 60-70 yards made for fantastic viewing :good:

Personally I would stick to the cheaper Clear pigeon in 30gram 6`s, a dam fin cartridge that me and my farther have used for a while now with great results on, pigeon, crow, pheasant, rabbit and duck....From hides, driven, walking and roost shooting !

Always in fibre to keep land owners happy ! :D

ATB

Matt

Personally I would stick to the cheaper Clear pigeon in 30gram 6`s, a dam fin cartridge that me and my farther have used for a while now with great results on, pigeon, crow, pheasant, rabbit and duck....From hides, driven, walking and roost shooting !

ATB

Matt

They are ok, I much prefer a 28g 5 load for all my shooting, (less wildfowl) won't mince anything close and extremely efficient on the rangey stuff.

ATB

Matt

thought you could only use steel for ducks and wildfowl.

ATB

Matt

Probably the best consistent pigeon cartridge there is.

Sorry to jump the post guys

but i have a few rottweil 36 g specials in no5s, ive got a driven day coming up on sat probably some hi bird but also a few partridge, if i opene my chokes to say skeet and quarter am i still likely to mince birds at 30 yards for example or will i just end up with a fuller patern and produce better kills, sounds daft but it will be my first driven day and realy dont want to look a pr@t

atb

c.s

Edited by cumbrian shooter

In my opinion,if you can afford to spend £270 a thousand on pigeon shells you've got too much money! Digweed is a top shot, no doubt he makes use of them but also worth remembering that he gets them for nowt! 30/32 grm 6's are any amount enough.

No one but no one has too much money!!

Mr Potter

at most decoying birds they are but just watch digweed on fieldsports britain from last wed and hes taking them and killing and them at ridiculous range that most carts wouldn,t do

I should have put "unless you expect to shoot 50+ yarders"

We have all had a few memorable shots, but to consistently do it ............ Hat off to that man.

Sorry to jump the post guys

but i have a few rottweil 36 g specials in no5s, ive got a driven day coming up on sat probably some hi bird but also a few partridge, if i opene my chokes to say skeet and quarter am i still likely to mince birds at 30 yards for example or will i just end up with a fuller patern and produce better kills, sounds daft but it will be my first driven day and realy dont want to look a pr@t

atb

c.s

No, you won't mince birds at 30 yards.

Guest cookoff013

Not another , there are so many that shoot themselves in the foot on here its unreal , prepare for the back tracking !!

happens a million times on here. i just dont understand why people either keep their mouth shut, or just use non toxic cartridges. i was in a shop a few years ago, and a customer came in and asked for a cartridge for shooting duck.

shop keeper handed over 36g #5 lead loads. i pointed out that it is illegal to shoot wildfowl with lead, and i was promptly told to "*******" and "what the * do you know?"

i dont want the guy getting prosecuted over something silly.

now its actually cheaper to keep on getting caught, comparitively to the very expensive nontoxics. the most i`ve ever heard anyone being charged was £100 for not using nontoxic shot. thats about 100 shells.

how embarrassing to get caught shooting lead at wildfowl.

happens a million times on here. i just dont understand why people either keep their mouth shut, or just use non toxic cartridges. i was in a shop a few years ago, and a customer came in and asked for a cartridge for shooting duck.

shop keeper handed over 36g #5 lead loads. i pointed out that it is illegal to shoot wildfowl with lead, and i was promptly told to "*******" and "what the * do you know?"

i dont want the guy getting prosecuted over something silly.

now its actually cheaper to keep on getting caught, comparitively to the very expensive nontoxics. the most i`ve ever heard anyone being charged was £100 for not using nontoxic shot. thats about 100 shells.

how embarrassing to get caught shooting lead at wildfowl.

Not so cheaper when they end up banning lead altogether as that is whats coming next.

As far as I am aware there has been only one prosecution for use of lead on wildfowl and that was only because they were doubling up on the charge against the guy of shooting a mute swan- protected species as well as using lead as it is classed as wildfowl