is your dog a working dog or a pet or a bit of both

overandunder2012

dogs pets or workers  

124 members have voted

1. 1. is your dog working dog or a pet or a pet

The young lab I have now had very little training before she came to me at 18months, she is now nearly 2 and has become my best friend, I don't leave the house without her. She is a pet, loves to hide my socks and is very happy watching tv with me, she is happiest when out in the field though, she was not interested in picking any fur or feather when she came and was unsure of the gun. She is now a different dog and will retrieve anything (in a fashion). A long way from a trained gundog but she has bags of character and puts a smile on my face everyday..also infuriates me at times but I wouldn't change her for the world!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine are pets both black labs but do work the youngest dog beating wild fowling etc tried eldest bitch but too shy . Both live outside spring to autum and inside rest of time . Great with little one . Just gos to show how keen to please dogs can be as soon as I open gun cabinet he is at my feet wagging his tail while the other one just carrys on watching cbeebies with my son....do have a problem with fits with the dog had them for about two year now but vet says wont do anything till having four a month which he only as one every couple of months .anyway that's another story

both but more a working dog and foremost a wildfowlers dog! she only stays in house as our garden is horrendous in the rain so chance of building a kennel itll be under water everyweek! but whens shes not working shes constantly training in the off season to keep her sharp , a lot of people tend to let thier dogs go during off season putting on weight and not revising training , its funny first shoot of season with dogs running all over and whistles blasting whilst mines sat next to me looking up thinking " what are these numpties doing!"