skate wings

hushpower

Assuming they're trimmed and skinned, I'd dust them with some seasoned flour and then shallow fry them in olive oil (with a bit of butter for colour) for 2 to 3 mins each side. Chuck a few capers on at the end and the job's a good 'un!!

Skate's got enough taste of it's own that it doesn't need too much faffing about with

Assuming they're trimmed and skinned, I'd dust them with some seasoned flour and then shallow fry them in olive oil (with a bit of butter for colour) for 2 to 3 mins each side. Chuck a few capers on at the end and the job's a good 'un!!

Skate's got enough taste of it's own that it doesn't need too much faffing about with

Perfectly put just the way my old grandad used to cook em for me when i was nipper the best most tasty succulent part of the skate is the muscle at the base of the wing in fleetwood these are called ray ***** as they are little round blobs of flesh cookt he same way as above they are some of the tastiest fish you can eat.

Love fish of all kinds but dont eat skate, call me soft but saw a film once on 'BRITISH' fisherman catching them, cutting off their wings and throwing them back alive! Disgusted me and put me off for life.

Dont know if its common practice? Hope not!

being an ex `British` fisherman i can assure you they are dead when this happens as the only marketable part of them is the wings and as i mentioned earlier the ***** which are the muscles at the base of the wings there are 4 on each fish but it takes good skills to get at these best bits and most fishermen would keep a keep roker back to retrieve the ***** later i know thats what we did as a box of whole roker would never sell for anywhre near the price of a box of wings