Chris Greens 3rd Wildfowling DVD

Big Al

I wasnt too sure where to put this but guessed the wildfowling section was as good as any!

I am a fan of "proper" wildfowling dvds. By that I mean ones made on this side of the Atlantic. My favourite is the Dorset Wildfowlers one from about 10 years ago. I have a few others including Chris Green's first wildfowling dvd which I quite enjoyed ( apart from a bit too much talk and not enough shore filming.)

Has anyone on here seen the 2nd or 3rd dvds of his? If so what did you think? Or are there any other "proper fowling" dvds you can recommend?

I should add that I dont watch too many during the season, prefering to get out on the shore instead but with the end of the season looming I will need something to ease the pain!

I had (and sold) the Chris Green Vol 3 Wildfowling DVD. I was a little bit disappointed with it, as there was'nt much shooting to be seen. To me, he just added bits of old film to make up the 2 hours of video. I did enjoy the punt gun section,but even that was a bit too long in my opinion. I also think that since his son has taken on a bigger role in the video's, it's a case of the two of them bantering on and on, and trying to inject some humour. Compared to the first couple of video's that he's produced, I have found that the quality and amount of shooting seen, has gone a bit down hill.

That's just my opinion, and I have also forwarded my views to Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

just watched the dorset wildfowlers dvd. very good and worth watching. also thumbs up for chris greens films. watched all three of his wildfowling films and they are absolutely supurb. hope he brings out a fourth one. id like to see him bring out a more instructional wildfowling film focusing on marsh craft and tactics.

• 7 months later...

****** saw this post late, missed the Dorset wildfowlers DVD, am eight months late to this thread so no surprise.

I enjoy Chris's DVD and find them very entertaining, both wildfowling and pigeon. Then again he gave my lad a free one of the latest pigeon shooting DVD for his 8th birthday at Lowther so maybe I'm bias.

Have seen two of Cris Greens DVDs & found them enjoyable & informative but the bits that make me chuckle are the obvious things about semi autos & I just don't cant figure out why people bother with em ! :crazy: ( Australians call em Pogo Sticks & could not think of a better name for them ! ) .

Must get a look at his latest as I been wondering about a punt gun :hmm: .

ATB Pole Star

hi all I've got all of his DVDs his wildfowling 1 and 2 were good but thought number 3 was not that good I've just bought his pigeon shooting secrets reviled 2 its ok but you can see plenty of people shooting pigeons on YouTube.he just seems to be plugging his decoys in this one I've met him a few times and he is a nice bloke