4x4 insurance

joe6r

If your regular insurance co is messing you around, just tell them to either supply a reasonable quote, or you will go elsewhere.

I use autonetinsurance.co.uk - you could also try your local high street broker (they do still exist) as they can often do pretty good deals too

I bought at grand vitara for shooting & already have 2 other cars, I called BE WISER INSURANCE, who gave me fully comp fo,r £420, plus RAC BREAKDOWN which i thought was good seeing as i had to start with NIL no claims on the 3rd car.But they stated that after the 1st year they will match my 9yrs no claims on my main car (so giving my 9yrs on my 3rd car),plus £1.00 discount for every yr old i am,so next year looking at £51.00 discount, pus 9yrs no claims.I tried the more than 1 car policies and to be honest its cheaper have all 3 cars with diff insurers.

Give em a call it can't hurt

I kept reading about how good Adrian Flux were prior to owning a 4x4 and called them when I needed my first policy for the Discovery. 9+ years no claims and 46 years old.

Not only did I have to chase them for a quote when they promised twice to call back and didn't, but they were one of the most expensive quotes at over £600 with a £350 excess!! After they quoted me I explained I was a member of a Land Rover forum and we are supposedly entitled to a discount, AF didn't honour that either saying the quote was already discounted.

I insured my car with a Hastings Premier policy, fully comp, includes breakdown and just £50 excess for £360 per year paying monthly.

I wouldn't even waste a free phone call on AF again.

Never had a decent quote from Flux either for my Disco or for a classic limited mileage policy for my Porsche. Aged 61 with no accidents or convictions. My Disco is with LV who've always come up trumps price wise. Can't remember who the P is with at the mo'.

Edited by PhilR

I have had insurance with most of the above named dealers and could not get a decent quote from any of them as they were all arround the £600. I have never claimed and never had an accident (touch wood) in 36 years driving. I thought I would try Tesco and managed to get it for £395 with all the perks that I had with my last insurer Aviva. With the cheepest quote I had been given I saved £190. My truck is a 2005 Toyota Mk 5 Double cab.

On a recommendation above, i tried to get a quote from Be Wiser. After banging my head on the web interface for 15 mins i was just about to hit the quote button when a chirpy sounding young chappie called me on my mobile interrupting the process. He said, you have just got a quote from Be Wiser but i can beat that for you if you sign up straight away. I said no i haven't, he said yes you have, i said i'm sitting in front of my computer now and i haven't got to the quote button yet.

Turns out he was from Be Wiser and was most insistant that i had had a quote and that he could beat it, i was equally insistant i hadn't and therfore he couldn't. As he wasn't listening to me i kindly asked him to go away and he was most upset. After telling me another 7 times that i had had a quote unfortunately i had to tell him to "get bent" and "go forth".

Since then i have had one or two calls/ text messages a day from Be Wiser offering to beat my Be Wiser online quote.

The moral of this story, is if you go for an online quote from Be Wiser for christs sake don't put your real mobile number in the details.......

N.F.U national farmers union , best vote by which mag , and a keen price for the excellent cover , go for nfu insurance they are fab

Nfu are good for me,if you do use them try your local office instead of Glagow head office,thet do insurance head office don't ie Quad bike and they can offer better discounts tailored to suit your needs,

Never had a decent quote from Flux either for my Disco or for a classic limited mileage policy for my Porsche. Aged 61 with no accidents or convictions. My Disco is with LV who've always come up trumps price wise. Can't remember who the P is with at the mo'.

Strangely I've just moved to Adrian Flux for my aged Porsche 944 - they were half the price of the next best quote. (And I'm half your age! :hmm:That wasn't on a classic policy technically, though) They also gave me the cheapest quote for a Jimny that I haven't yet got. Not had to claim (touch wood), but price wise they've been good for me, and have returned e-mails etc. promptly.