25lb Fox!!

Rhysmac

Me and two of my lambing partners were out lamping on thursday night after a day at the woodcock with no luck! we drove around a few field with no luck then near my dads broiler houses there is charlie standing ten yards away from the car just inside the field. He took off over the hill and my friends and i jumped out and walk about 100 yards into the field, turned the fox pro caller on and waited. after an inpatient 5 minutes we were about to leave when this big boy makes another appearance about 150 yards away, but would come no closer. As we were using a 17hmr i wasn't confident taking the shot too far out so on this wet windy night we took of on our bellies down the side of the hill getting socked. At the bottom my friend got on his hands and knees i leant the rifle on is back and squeezed off the shot, and he says, "down hard". we walk up two check are prey to find its a huge old dog fox in perfect nick, shot right through his left eye on later inspection he is nearly 4 and a half feet long and ways just over 25lb! in my opinion he was we'll worth getting wet for!post-57618-0-79117900-1356222922_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That is one BIG fox. I weigh most of the coyotes I shoot and they are most in the 28-30 lb range. I have never weighed any foxes but will start now. I doubt any will break 15 lbs. I think our foxes have to work harder for a living, cold and all. Great shot.