If we met would you buy me a pint?

39TDS

I bet a lot of you would.

How about this then, as we are virtual friends why not buy me a virtual pint instead.

I was listening to the radio today and there was an advert for Dryathletes.

Basically you give up drinking for January, collect sponsors and the money goes to cancer research.

I thought I could easy do that so why not, and might as well raise a few quid while I am at it. smile.gif

I'm sure a lot of you would buy me a pint if we met, and I would return the favour of course.

Instead of buying me a pint, how about giving it to these guys instead. I will forfeit the pint if you donate the cash instead.

Doesn't have to be a full pint of Guinness, half a bitter is fine. It all helps as they say. thumbs.gif

If you are up for it just click on this link. Cheers! 201004112200820003icon_beerchug.gif

http://www.justgiving.com/dryathlete-dave-roberts2012

I bet a lot of you would.

How about this then, as we are virtual friends why not buy me a virtual pint instead.

I was listening to the radio today and there was an advert for Dryathletes.

Basically you give up drinking for January, collect sponsors and the money goes to cancer research.

I thought I could easy do that so why not, and might as well raise a few quid while I am at it. smile.gif

I'm sure a lot of you would buy me a pint if we met, and I would return the favour of course.

Instead of buying me a pint, how about giving it to these guys instead. I will forfeit the pint if you donate the cash instead.

Doesn't have to be a full pint of Guinness, half a bitter is fine. It all helps as they say. thumbs.gif

If you are up for it just click on this link. Cheers! 201004112200820003icon_beerchug.gif

http://www.justgiving.com/dryathlete-dave-roberts2012

hope my contribution helps mate :)

As a publican, I think this is not such a good idea

Maybe we should all descend on Jims pub and have a quick a pint while we talk about this :good:

I'm a bit of a "Tight ****" so you might have to settle for a quick half from me with my little donation.

Well done 39TDS, Bottoms Up! :drinks:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to give this thread a bump by saying that the response off this site has been quite an eyeopener.[/size]

I use 3 different forums very regularly. On one I am admin and the membership is well over 20k so they all know me pretty well, or at least know I exist.

Another forum I would say I am well known but just as an ordinary member.

Then there is this forum which to be honest I wouldn't really expect anyone to even notice me much.

However, I would say of the three forums it is this one that has been most generous and way more generous than my facebook friends.

Thank you very much, it is very appreciated.

It does make me wonder if the better you know me the less you like me though. :no::lol:

ps. link is in my sig :)

Edited by 39TDS

Thank you Paul, it is very much appreciated. I have put the code on my Facebook now too, I have to admit it took me a good while to even find the code, it wasn't something I was familiar with.

I'm doing OK Aled. There are quite a few evenings after a stressful day that all I really want to do is sit down with a glass of something nice.

I hardly ever go out so drinking isn't a weekend thing for me but I do drink at home.

I have not had a single drop in January and I will get there. If anything I have made it harder by saying I will not drink, it would be easier if I just said to myself "let's just see how long I can manage".

Can't say I feel any better for it though :lol:

Good luck to you too. :good:

Well to be honest i usuall have a dry period in January anyway, however i usually fall off the wagon on week 3! But this year with the charity side i'm going all the way to the 31st. guys at the dinner club i go to are putting the price of a pint into my charity pot for the local childrens hospital. I happen to know that my mates won't mind one bit, three of us had a real cause to be thankful to the place when our first children were born!

Cheers

Aled