just bought my first purdey

mattslaptop247

Am I the only one who would prefer a new silver pigeon. It's a lot of money to spend on a gun you won't want to use. But hey it takes all sorts you'll enjoy owning it

I'm certainly more effective with an SP/over and under but having been into Purdey in london and spent some time with the very very nice staff in there (who handed me some extremely beautiful and expensive guns without so much as a flutter) I have to say they have some beautiful guns and its hard not to appreciate them.

I would love to shoot a traditional day with one but I know I'd hit naff all!

Never could use a sxs!

Regards,

Gixer

As far as im aware its not a pinfire conversion but i have emailed purdeys for the history so will probably know more in the next couple of days.

Picking it up in the morning, so its an early night for me followed by an early start!

Hmm all sounds very interesting ! I don't think Purdey's will tell you who ordered the gun but I think they will tell you the date it was made & times it had been back to their workshops ect if its a conversion from pinfire it will have 2 filled holes on the top of the breech end of the barrels some times with a small sunburst engraved around each one as I expect you may know .

Will be interesting to hear what you get back .

Edited by Pole Star

Hmm all sounds very interesting ! I don't think Purdey's will tell you who ordered the gun but I think they will tell you the date it was made & times it had been back to their workshops ect if its a conversion from pinfire it will have 2 filled holes on the top of the breech end of the barrels some times with a small sunburst engraved around each one as I expect you may know .

Will be interesting to hear what you get back .

At present i know it was made for a Mr A Pepys and was completed in 1864 with 30inch barrels