Hello from Cambridge

NickB65

Well I have been shooting for over 30 years but only recently got into Pigeon shooting. Have rather a large permission to shoot courtesy of my girlfriends Dad and Brother (farmers).

For the last ten years I have been rifle shooting so now looking for a new shotgun as the one I borrow is a tad too short.

Hello Nick from a fellow Cambridge shooter, I have always found Simpsons in Newmarket to be good for guns.

Ben

I tend to use the Country Store just down the road from Duxford but next week the BARN SHOP is to re-open under the new ownership of the Stutley brothers. They are to have a big gun sale so may be some bargains to be found.

The Barn shop now Stutley Shooting is near Bassingborn Barracks.

Thanks for the welcome.

The Stutley brothers have made some big investments in the Barn Shop with a new area for the gun smith - young lad from Theoben workshop. Their plans included a glass wall to display the cartridges they offer, to stock all ranges from the cheap to the top end and all in-between.

Has to be said David and the guys at the Country Store are great and have always given good advice and service. I brought a Laurona from them last Thursday and got a good deal I think.

Found out that the Cambridge Gun Club is just up the road from me so I plan to have some lessons their and then looking at shooting two Sundays a month and as many evening shoots as I can fit in.

New Years day was so quiet when I went out but I just loved it. Best sport was in the evening when they came into roost..... high and fast and to be honest I was low and in front every time..... hopefully some lessons will get me back into the "swing".

Thanks again for the welcome.