pop up hides.

Rickyard shooter

I've got one from A1 Decoys that's waiting to go back to them, if they actually get round to sending the courier they promised! Not impressed with that as the black internal lining was pealing off all over the place when i bought it, so I'd go for a more costly, but better quality option than that one!

Try either of these 2 they are great keeps the wind down a bit but a few warm layers keep you smiling.

http://www.riversideoutdoor.co.uk/products/22/132/concealer_3_camo_pop_up_hide/

http://www.riversideoutdoor.co.uk/products/22/19/predator_1_pop_up_hide/

Quite like the first one think I'll sell the one I have

we got 2 from riverside,good idea but were they fix in the arms is poor {in plastic grommets}so we modified them with steel sleeves instead,much better now,in fact when the sun shone on a try out they were too hot.but work fine especially when there,s no other cover.forgot to mention these were one man hides.

Edited by hawkfanz

dont forget these things come into their own when there,s no other cover available,cos you cant see all the way through em,and i dont like cutting hedges down when its not my land.but normally we use ghost camo nets.

I use net hides when there is no other cover. That does the job perfectly well. I would never buy a pop up hide, they simply aren't versatile enough.

I have a 2 man pop up, (Uttings - Doghouse) easy to put up & take down, visibilty all round and keeps the wind/ rain out although not waterproof. Downside is that you are limited to visibilty and room when taking the shot, kind of felt restricted. Much prefer ghost/ camo nets but if your using rifles for bunnies in problem then this would be ideal. Personal preference mate. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Is it only me who makes my own hides, its probably cos I'm tight but I just chop a few 4ft branches with plenty of greenery on, stick them in the ground in a row about 4ft from the hedge row then build it up with a few more bits hear and there, and that's it and it don't cost a penny :)

What happens in the winter when the leaves fall off the trees?

Is it only me who makes my own hides, its probably cos I'm tight but I just chop a few 4ft branches with plenty of greenery on, stick them in the ground in a row about 4ft from the hedge row then build it up with a few more bits hear and there, and that's it and it don't cost a penny :)

You can only do that if there are trees growing nearby!

5 poles and a stealth net - put it up anywhere anytime

• 3 weeks later...

i have one of these only had it about 2 weeks but it looks well made

http://www.uttings.c...-blind-ch10303/

i had a cheaper one of ebay the zips broke in a few outings

Yeah I bought one of these after been recommended by someone on here.

Well took it out yesterday as the weather was horrible,strong southeast wind with sleet n rain.

I had never used it before apart from putting it up in the front room and putting my swivel seat inside,me sat inside with the flapdoors slighty open great I thought until the wife came down stairs and looked at me thro the part opened flapdoor,her face was a picture as she stood shaking her head from side to side.lol.

Anyway back to the real world of pigeon shooting I thought I would attach the holding down straps before I went out as this would save me any embarrassment in the field..........wrong !!!lol.

As per the instructions take it out of the bag and hoy it to the ground and it will open up ready for use...oooh yes it did then off it went cartwheeling over the field in the strong wind with me close behind but loosing ground due to being unfit and the clarts building up on my boots with every step.lol

The pigeons were roosting in the trees down wind from me as this blind and me came hobbling and rolling down wind towards them,luck was on my side as the blind got stuck on a hedge and tree but the pigeons up and left in there hundreds never to return or seen again.

I will use this again but will pick my day when there is just a little wind because even as I captured this blind and tried to put it up it was very difficult in strong winds, my mate was rolling about laughing as he was looking over the hedge row at my antics.

Regards H

dont forget these things come into their own when there,s no other cover available,cos you cant see all the way through em,and i dont like cutting hedges down when its not my land.but normally we use ghost camo nets.

Bit of good hedge pruning keeps Mr farmer happy usually as long as you don't chop a hole right through :good: