How many grey squirrels are killed by PW members in 2013

Reece

Please record your grey squirrel kills for 2013 here.

Let's keep up the good work and make 2013 another record year. We can all do our bit to eradicate the grey squirrel and protect our native red squirrel (and songbirds).

Please support the PW national day for grey squirrel and woodpigeon on Saturday 9th February 2013.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im well impressed with the ammount shot this year! I am now well and truely hooked on squizzer hunting so will be doing my bit for 2013!!

Reece can I get some more details on the national squirrel day please, not heard of it before!

Its a very basic but effective concept.

On 9th February, 2nd Saturday in February, shooters all over Britain head for the woods.

Drey poke and shoot as many GREY Squirrels as possible.

Special care is needed if there are any RED Squirrels in your woods.

Around 3pm. groups break up to shoot Wood Pigeon as they come into roost, obviously corvids are also shot.

By having shooters dotted all over the place we hope to keep the birds on the move until darkness decends.

When you get home please remember to record your kills on the PW counts for GREY Squirrels, Wood Pigeon, Corvids etc.

webber

Its a very basic but effective concept.

On 9th February, 2nd Saturday in February, shooters all over Britain head for the woods.

Drey poke and shoot as many GREY Squirrels as possible.

Special care is needed if there are any RED Squirrels in your woods.

Around 3pm. groups break up to shoot Wood Pigeon as they come into roost, obviously corvids are also shot.

By having shooters dotted all over the place we hope to keep the birds on the move until darkness decends.

When you get home please remember to record your kills on the PW counts for GREY Squirrels, Wood Pigeon, Corvids etc.

webber

Yes, special care if you are anywhere near a Red population. They really are spreading out of their strongholds, so even more need to reduce the grey populations. From the Sefton coastal stronghold we have reports of Reds in Wigan, Rufford, Burscough and Daresbury in Cheshire. There are reports of Reds all along the North Wales coast and of course the stronghold in Anglesey. Almost a certainty there will be Reds on the Wirral. If you are poking look before you shoot. :lookaround: Not even sure whether poking is justified in these sort of areas. This morning I saw a pair of Reds mating. Young could be born from that encounter mid February. Let us keep up the pressure on the Greys. :D

Yes, special care if you are anywhere near a Red population. They really are spreading out of their strongholds, so even more need to reduce the grey populations. From the Sefton coastal stronghold we have reports of Reds in Wigan, Rufford, Burscough and Daresbury in Cheshire. There are reports of Reds all along the North Wales coast and of course the stronghold in Anglesey. Almost a certainty there will be Reds on the Wirral. If you are poking look before you shoot. :lookaround: Not even sure whether poking is justified in these sort of areas. This morning I saw a pair of Reds mating. Young could be born from that encounter mid February. Let us keep up the pressure on the Greys. :D

Just to add the Grey Squirrels located at Bickerstaffe & Knowsley.

webber