How many foxes are killed by PW members in 2013

tikka.223

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Dog foxes (one being a youngster) over the last few weeks, typically between 9pm & 12pm, on the lamp.

Howa 1500. 223 55gr

Picture fox was about 190 / 200 meters, other two were around the 120 meter range.

Youngster came in on squeak, however the other two I managed to get straight on, none being lamp shy, no filters used.

Total 332 (with bikemad24 16 above)

post-53865-0-54998400-1381807501_thumb.jpg

Edited by steve_b_wales

Dog fox

Last night / this morning whichever way you look at it, 1am.

Went out at 10pm, back at 2am, I did see 2 others, one legged it as soon as I had the lamp on him and the other not really a safe shot, so he's there for another day.

This one was the first one I saw last night, not lamp shy, using the Deben 210 with no filter, (switched to scope lamp Tri Star Tracer once on him) I managed to sneak out the cab with the engine running (I was out on my own), he did flight for a short distance & thought I had last him, however a quick squeak got his attention, just standing square onto me for a few seconds. Good Night Charley & it was all over.

There was a few dogs barking & house lights came in a very distance dwelling as the crack of the rifle went off, so apologies there, however Mr Famer will be happy with another Charley removed.

I didn't have my range finder at the time, but since popped back this morning, it knocked out at 173 / 175 meters with my shaky hand.

Rifle Howa 1500 .223. Shot with Remington Soft point 55gr.

TOTAL 388

post-53865-0-81607200-1383314412_thumb.jpg

Edited by MK38MAGS

• 3 weeks later...

i didnt manage to get a photo but i got my first ever fox on saturday :)

as someone who lives in a fairly rural area and has for most of my 43 years spent a lot of time in the country walking, cycling and carrying a gun (mostly airguns) i had never seen a fox up close before, only having seen an od one cross the road while in a car, and thats only the last couple of months since ive been fowling and leave the house at 2.30am. as i didnt go fowling saturday i took a stroll to a farm across the road from me not expecting anyting as theres not a great deal on it. to my suprise the hunt was on the farm behind it so they must have driven the fox onto this farm, i always carry a couple of big carts in my belt just in case so i took advantage of the hunt being close by and moving them around ... as i entered the third field he up and ran so he had two shots of lead :)

total 389

Edited by kiffy