This years PW Charity shoot

shaun4860

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Norfolk, even if its on the lincs cambs border it would be a lot closer to a very large number of shooters in this part of the country.

As to charity, what about 'help the heros,' my wife and I believe our lads need all the support we can give them, and date wise, anytime when the sun shines, its no fun trying to hit a lump of clay in the pouring rain.but you might need your crystal ball for that one, ???

Edited by lakeside1000

As i am fairly new, can someone give details about this.

Every year Pigeon Watch hold a charity shoot between those Pesky Suffeners and the Royal Northeners,

Its held either somewhere North or South alternating every year,

This year its the South's turn

Its a 100 sporting shoot with the top 10 scores from each side counting towards the total, so it doesnt matter what your abilities are its a bit of fun raising money for charity

So far its 2-1 the the North :yahoo:

ME organised the first and very well it went too with over 70 shooters taking part

Teal (PW Boss) now organises it.

What about Norfolk, even if its on the lincs cambs border it would be a lot closer to a very large number of shooters in this part of the country.

As to charity, what about 'help the heros,' my wife and I believe our lads need all the support we can give them, and date wise, anytime when the sun shines, its no fun trying to hit a lump of clay in the pouring rain.but you might need your crystal ball for that one, ???

It was decided that smaller charities would benefit as the likes of HFH and the bigger charities are well catered for, last years was Different Strokes and a very worthwhile charity too

maybe a bit early but seeing as its held may/June I thought I would jog peoples memories as venues and overnight coach houses need to be booked

:shaun:

guys may i suggest instead of putting money into a charity where a large percent of the money is taken up with admin costs, why dont you find a deserving individual who needs helping out with say a new wheelchair or appliance to improve day to day life at least then all the money goes straight to the needed

just a thought

atb

john

I couldn't make the last one as my arm was in a splint.

Still chuckle at the 'ice cream' comment from the first one though :lol:

It was legendary :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darcy was her name....

guys may i suggest instead of putting money into a charity where a large percent of the money is taken up with admin costs, why dont you find a deserving individual who needs helping out with say a new wheelchair or appliance to improve day to day life at least then all the money goes straight to the needed

just a thought

atb

john

Thats why we went for the smaller ones where the money didnt go on admin, it went to the people that needed it

:shaun:

I notice that they do a poll to decide which charity each year. Who decides the candidate charities to go on the poll?

EDIT: Never mind. I've done a search and found what I need. Looks like there's a thread for nominations and then a selection go to a poll.

Edited by Reece

hi guys just a thought being as its north v south how about finding a ground in the middle and insted of the money going to any charity what about putting it in to a country sports charity like http://www.pass-it-o...-sports.org.uk/ that way we helping the future with the present just a thought thanks Tim

Edited by aka_t50

hi guys just a thought being as its north v south how about finding a ground in the middle and insted of the money going to any charity what about putting it in to a country sports charity like http://www.pass-it-o...-sports.org.uk/ that way we helping the future with the present just a thought thanks Tim

I'm pretty sure that there'll be a separate thread created later where you can nominate charities. Then a selection of them go to a poll and the one with the most votes gets the money.

But I can't see anything on that website about it being a registered charity.