shaun4860

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2012 - Orston GC, Notts

2011 - Sporting Targets, Bedford

2010 - West Midlands SG, (AKA Hodnet), Telford

I agree with Teal, if we keep picking new grounds we'll soon run out, we just need one more ground for the South to make it even..?

Cat.

just had a quick look at the map of where the past shoots were, and there quite central ISH to everywhere ,:D

How are we going to run out of grounds if we pick different ones? surely there are say 6 grounds in the north and south, which would put us on a 12yr rotation. part of the fun is going somewhere different. I suggest keep moving. only my opinion.

I also agree get a date set up, looking at the numbers it will take a bit of planning and also pubs and holidays etc. There will always be a date that someone can't make, just stick a date in the diary, stick to it, who can make it will be there.

whatever be a good day out. it is along way down to Bedford though.

still chased a bird down there once when I was younger!

How are we going to run out of grounds if we pick different ones?

He means good grounds, there are loads of shooting grounds but they aren't all good, and they can't all cope with 60-100 shooters and put on a good show.

I agree with the CLA approach, find a 4 or 5 decent grounds and shoot them in rotation.

Cat, we need some suggestions for a decent southern ground to add into the mix?

He means good grounds, there are loads of shooting grounds but they aren't all good, and they can't all cope with 60-100 shooters and put on a good show.

I agree with the CLA approach, find a 4 or 5 decent grounds and shoot them in rotation.

Cat, we need some suggestions for a decent southern ground to add into the mix?

A1 Shooting ground, and we can have an input on the targets

I was just throwing it into the pot. As an idea that could work. Thinking about it there are probably more to go at. but leave it up to you guys.

north 6

Orston,notts

West kids

Coniston

Beverley

Fauxdegla

Worsley

South

high lodge

Southdown

Fennes shooting ground

E J Churchhil

sporting targets

Banbury

Churchills is lovely and has the facilities - but i reckon it'll cost a fortune, and this is a 'Charity' shoot - part of the issue is we need the grounds to be reasonable cost wise, else it'll cost a fortune to enter and we won't make much money for charity.

Still worth an ask though

Churchills is lovely and has the facilities - but i reckon it'll cost a fortune, and this is a 'Charity' shoot - part of the issue is we need the grounds to be reasonable cost wise, else it'll cost a fortune to enter and we won't make much money for charity.

just ring up and say

"do you know who I am" ...or would it be better coming form Teal...... :lol::good: :good:

Surely majority of clubs would give us a rock bottom price on clays and stuff and greet us with open arms a we'll be spending money on other facilities i.e food and drink and stuff ???

Surely majority of clubs would give us a rock bottom price on clays and stuff and greet us with open arms a we'll be spending money on other facilities i.e food and drink and stuff ???

You obviously don't know Churchills.............??

Beardo's spot on, they'll be a waste of time, but please prove me wrong.

Cat

Exactly what i was thinking

Why not draw up a shortlist of grounds and let them all tender,hense getting a better deal,after all we want as much of the money raised to go to the picked charity.

Edited by hitclays

Exactly what i was thinking

Why not draw up a shortlist of grounds and let them all tender,hense getting a better deal,after all we want as much of the money raised to go to the picked charity.

I doubt you coud do much better than to ask Alan "Hitclays" to organise something, His 3x75 bird flush + 50 bird Sporting +lunch for £22.00 is a real winner. The targets are testing the enviroment is great, and we could probably organise an up market Catering facility for the Food, portable toilets and Bobs your uncle.

Can you do it Alan?

Do we want it PW People?

All a bit early yet i know, but it never hurts to throw a pebble in the pond.

I was just throwing it into the pot. As an idea that could work. Thinking about it there are probably more to go at. but leave it up to you guys.

north 6

Orston,notts

West kids

Coniston

Beverley

Fauxdegla

Worsley

South

high lodge

Southdown

Fennes shooting ground

E J Churchhil

sporting targets

Banbury

Ok, only going to comment on the South venues:

High Lodge - Good possibility, well run, good targets, large clubhouse, relatively easy to get too, John Bidwell would support a Charity Shoot, I'm sure..?

Southdown - OK ground, lots of money invested under new ownership, targets very good, small clubhouse but larger outside marquee, big downside is that it's possibly too far "darn sarf" for most..?

Fennes - Not a bad location, probably good targets, but have to admit I don't know the ground or it's owners that well as they don't shoot competitions..?

Churchills - See my comments above, lots of "Hooray Henry's" running the place, nice ground, but probably unable to oblige..?

Sporting Targets - Been there, done that, they make the most of a flat field with loads of earth banks, a friendly greeting, OK, but not brilliant targets, perhaps one we could "rotate" with..?

Banbury - Do you mean Barbury..? Ok, not shot it, but have heard good reports about it, a tad too far South for most soft Northerners, (their Giro's funded by us tax paying Southerners only cover so much petrol), worth a phone call..?

Others perhaps worthy of consideration:

Northampton GC - Normally a veritable sea of mud, but hopefully not in June, targets not too bad, a lot of un-tapped potential, location good for most.

Weston Wood - Nice ground, wooded setting, good location, Steve Lovatt is a regular on most forums who, rather unusually for most ground owners can think "outside the box", biggest downside is small clubhouse.

A1 SG Borehamwood - Great location, very friendly owners who would make a real effort to please, targets possibly a bit iffy, (but who really cares for a Charity Shoot..?), close to the fleshpots of London, again, a small clubhouse.

Lea Valley SG, Hertford - Good location, OK clubhouse, targets not too bad, user friendly owners, well worth a phone call.

4 Counties SG, Newbury - A little gem of a club, great wooded setting, super friendly owners, but small clubhouse and not sure whether they would get away with a Saturday shoot..?

Star GC, Chessington, Surrey - Great location alongside M25, nice club, but again, Saturdays may be a problem for them..?

Cambridge GC - Another flat field, but a very friendly, well run club, decent clubhouse, I'm sure they would aim to please..??

Anybody else got any more suggestions..?

Cat.