Shooting hatch

Jamied123

After many hours of head scratching I finally grew some and cut the whole in the roof, and finished installing my shooting hatch in my mk2 Pajero.

Hasn't leaked yet so hopefully it has sealed ok.

http://i1279.photobu...zpsc34e3787.jpg

http://i1279.photobu...zps63a930ef.jpg

http://i1279.photobu...zps78b06c0e.jpg

All I need to do not is install a secondary wiring loom and a split charging system.

Anyone know anything about split charge circuits, there are two batteries already on the vehicle, but not sure if a third will be needed for the separate circuit? And anyone got any tips how to wire up, I have googled and it doesn't seem to technical.

Cheers

NB

I heard some one using the old caravan roof hatches fiberglassed into place ?? Or just make a frame from angle or similar and some ally sheet folded up into a really shallow box !? Where are you at cos I could get some cut at work for you ?

Take your truck to a boatyard and see what deck hatches they have in store.

Get one the right side and the boatyard people will fit it for you.

Most just lift out and 'prop' open for ventilation.

Completely waterproof for obvious reasons.

I've got one fitted to my 90 and Pavman has one on his super deluxe modern something or other.

They both work very well.

Cheaper than a garage too..

He's In East yorkshire

Cheers m8 it's not showing on my phone ;-)

Well if you are up this way give me a call and I will get you one made ! I have a 110 and was thinking about doing the same so I already have sizes !!

Pm me if you want it doing m8

has anyone thought about mounting a seat onto a roof rack?

I have. Its deadly. You will die if you tip.

Cheers m8 it's not showing on my phone ;-)

Well if you are up this way give me a call and I will get you one made ! I have a 110 and was thinking about doing the same so I already have sizes !!

Pm me if you want it doing m8

Im on my phone to mate. Were are you?

Hi I have a landrover 90 and I want some sort of a shooting hatch in the back so I can stand up to shoot off the roof has any one got any ideas to what I can do.

I finished mine a few weeks back, I can take a few more photo's to give you some ideas and inspiration.

It looks fairly tidy but see what you think, no doubt you will have found my original post.

I can give you a few pointers that I have only found out through trial and error. But mine seems to work really well, just wish it would dry up abit!!

Pm me if you want any info.

See if you can aquire a Landrover Safari roof-rack. (The one that has a ladder that allows one to camp on top of the truck when the natives are being restless - or the snakes).

I got hold of one for £50. I then cut one third of it off - turned it round - built a plywood box for the gun to lay in - fixed rack to drip thingy with fitted attachments - job done.

See if you can aquire a Landrover Safari roof-rack. (The one that has a ladder that allows one to camp on top of the truck when the natives are being restless - or the snakes).

I got hold of one for £50. I then cut one third of it off - turned it round - built a plywood box for the gun to lay in - fixed rack to drip thingy with fitted attachments - job done.

Have you got a pict please .... That sounds cool ;-)