Second barrel not going off ?

mad1

Hi all ... I am having a prob with my rizzini e o/u it's firing the bottom barrel first no prob but for some reason the second barrel won't fire ?? Iv opened it up to clean out any grime and also used compressed air to make sure it's free from any loose **** etc but it's still not happy ? Has any one got any clues to what's happened before I take it to the gunsmith ??

Thanks

M1

Edited by mad1

Check the metalwork on the fore end is tight. I had this issue on a Browning Medalist and it turned out there was a loose part on the bottom of the fore end (sorry don't know the technical term) which cocks the firing pins when the gun is broken. Simple tighten of a screw and my issue was resolved.

Cos

If I use bottom barrel first it works but if I take a follow up shot the top ( second ) fails ?? But if I change order and fire top first it works and try a second shot the bottom one fails ?? So I know both pins are working ?

I don't mind taking it to a shop but it nice to have a idea of what the fault could be when I take it !?

It's like taking a car to the garage I personally like to know what's wrong so I don't get fleeced when they are doing repairs ( if you know what I mean ;-)

Are you holding onto the trigger and trying to fire the second barrel to quickly ? Would the second barrel fire if you fired the first wait a couple of seconds then fire the second barrel. I had that problem when I changed from a Berretta to a Browning. The Browning needed a split second longer to fire the second barrel. Once this was pointed out no further trouble.

Are you holding onto the trigger and trying to fire the second barrel to quickly ? Would the second barrel fire if you fired the first wait a couple of seconds then fire the second barrel. I had that problem when I changed from a Berretta to a Browning. The Browning needed a split second longer to fire the second barrel. Once this was pointed out no further trouble.

You might be on to something there !! I have fired it bottom barrel first ( snap caps in ) bumped it then tried to fire second which failed... BUT there is a tiny bit play on trigger so if I slightly move trigger forward then pull it it fires second barrel ???? My head is battered iv just finishe night shift and now trying to work this out :-(

Worth a shot before you take it to a gun smith. A pal complained to me last year that his Lincoln 20 was behaving the same. I took it out on game and clays and it was fine with me. He only shoots game and was too excited trying for lefts and rights ,once he steadied up he and the gun were fine

Hi

The gunsmith column in this months Sporting Gun magazine addresses this very problem. Might be worth buying (or reading in WH Smiths) to give you an idea of the work involved. I have only skim read it so far but it looks relatively simple to fix if you are half proficient with the tools. If not the article quotes the job as costing £50.

I had a similar thing with my Lanber a few months back. What I didn't notice at the time was that firing the first barrel was actually putting the safety back on. Turned out to be completey dry in the action, a bit of a clean and a bit of lubrication and it was sorted. Maybe worth a look to see if the safety if clicking on after your first shot.......Andy.